El DerbyCo

roboto

9 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

You’re wide of the mark ramsbottom me old mate, it’s the Champions League for us. All aboard ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56710052

They call it the "Champions League" which is strange, because teams enter this competition having finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th. When the Rams played in its old name "European Cup", we were the Champions of England.

35 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

They call it the "Champions League" which is strange, because teams enter this competition having finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th. When the Rams played in its old name "European Cup", we were the Champions of England.

And we will be again, my friend.

?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thisisfutbol.com/2021/04/blogs/championship/Derby-county/Derby-county-kieran-maguire-takeover/amp/ not sure on the reliability of this and not sure if someone else has already posted it, but seems the two people who are mentioned have about £3bn to play with. One of them formerly part owned Inter Milan and DC United (Rooney's former club) which is interesting.

49 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

But never won it...but we did twice

11 hours ago, angieram said:

I think it's no worse him having ambition than the opposite,  where you seem to delight in  having us relegated before we actually are.

Either might happen, but what you talk about says more about the individual than the circumstance. 

I’m certainly taking no delight in our situation, believe me, no true Derby fan isn’t hurt right now. I’m just being realistic that relegation is a real worry, and I’m struggling to see a way we survive. No issue with those who think I’m glass half empty, but I struggle with those claiming there’s no chance we will go down. That’s delusion imo.

So what if negativity is built into me, doesn’t make me any less of a fan than you. FWIW, I have no problem with Alonso having ambition, in fact I welcome it - I just don’t think any prospective new owner should be setting targets openly in the media given our current situation.

11 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Because he was asked a question which other teams have you spoken to and he responded with those 2 which he had. Bet if he hadn’t mentioned Cardiff and it came out later some would find a problem with that. There might be issues but  let’s not find them where none are. 

He should have just declined to give specifics. Just say there were a couple of clubs he was in contact with. Naming them without the permission of the current owners is unprofessional imo.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

I think most players are "deluded muppets" themselves - they all think they should be playing in the Champions League! And why not?

If you don't believe in your own ability, who will? 

I remember reading an interview with Johnny Russell about this. He knew that the 13-14 season was his best opportunity to have a go at the big time, and the same could be said for most of that team (only a few having gone on to a career in the PL elsewhere.) 

If that TEAM had gone up and stayed fit, then some of them may well have got to play in the Champions League  if not for Derby, then elsewhere. 

I think you’re misunderstanding what is concerning me. I have absolutely no problem with ambition in sport, quite the opposite in fact. I would be expecting our new owner to be aiming to take Derby right to the top, even if it is a pipe dream - otherwise what’s the point in playing the game? The difference is you don’t come out with those comments with your team in the middle of a relegation fight. Has the likelihood of massively backfiring.

Bit of a stretch on the 13-14 team making the Champions League though I feel! They were good, but not quite that good. Maybe a couple of them could have done (Thorne and Hughes).