El DerbyCo

roboto

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head there. Stupidly rich people are big risk takers. I know a multi millionaire and he always said to me you don't get rich by being cautious, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but if you keep going eventually you'll end up where you want to be.

From what we know, Alonso is not rich, but is perhaps ready to take a big risk with someone elses money and our club. Good luck to him, if he fails we could be screwed.

1 hour ago, mwram1973 said:

Think you've hit the nail on the head there. Stupidly rich people are big risk takers.

Actually, that's largely an urban myth.

I'm not saying some don't, especially when they start up their ventures often leaving well paid jobs behind.

But by and large, you don't grow massive wealth by taking big risks, you grow it by managing and mitigating risk.

You find the big risk takers in Vegas most of whom end up without a vessel to empty their bladder into.

Having said all that, let's hope this guy is one of the few. And he kinda must be to a certain extent of he's buying us.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

What...?? I feel like i was totally alone in saying the fake sheikh was going to be a bad thing...everyone was creaming themselves saying we are going to be like Man City (what a horrible thought) and be playing in Europe etc etc..

I am, of course referring to other teams' fans. Hard to see how our own fans could be jealous. 

It is blindingly obvious that this takeover needs closer examination, as the facts do not fit the narrative.

The story being spun is that a 29 year old businessman with no obvious business empire has managed to locate a multi million pound source of cash, not only that but he is relocating to the UK with its punitive taxation regime and sub-arctic climate.

None of this adds up, rumours abound that he is allegedly the face behind an Indonesian syndicate who are the real investors, this would make more sense and also the fact that they would want him in the building to see how their money is being spent.

This is nothing like a Leicester situation, their benefactor was very open about his business (King Power) and its revenue and P&L, that take-over/sale had real credibility.

If the EFL were serious, about fit and proper owners they would very closely look at all the details behind this bid to ensure no possible repeat of the Wigan situation..

39 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

Actually, that's largely an urban myth.

I'm not saying some don't, especially when they start up their ventures often leaving well paid jobs behind.

But by and large, you don't grow massive wealth by taking big risks, you grow it by managing and mitigating risk.

You find the big risk takers in Vegas most of whom end up without a vessel to empty their bladder into.

Having said all that, let's hope this guy is one of the few. And he kinda must be to a certain extent of he's buying us.

Yup.

The self made man, the pull yourself up by your bootstraps millionaires usually had to a) take risks and b) work very hard to get there (and thus, always give the advice to take risks and work very hard as if they are the only two factors involved) but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of rich people (and the vast majority of the worlds wealth) are very conservative in their financial risk.

But I'm not rich, will never be rich, work to live and don't live to work and probably not the person to advise you on becoming successful (or rich, or on any footballing matters).

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

But for the main bulk of the season or at least by the end of it, the team was Roos, Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone, Johnson, Mount, Holmes, Wilson, Lawrence, Waghorn. That's 8 new players. The point is, it was largely a new team, a new way of playing. It can be done in one season. 

Bryson played a lot more than Holmes. Only Tomori, Malone, Mount and Wilson new signings in our most used 11

3 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Just about it was a privilege for him to be involve in DCFC in the past, ruthless world of football (forgotten quickly/expectations/money), and unfair playing field in championship (Norwich/Bournemouth had a lot to spend compared with others) Had confidence in Mel Morris' judgment, said it was unlikely Morris would stay on in any capacity...similar to when he went. Didn't seem too impressed with disruption caused by Sheikh and Alonso, If no money has been put in, why are these guys talking to staff such as Rooney etc. Said it was just not done in business although football is its own world I guess. Said Rooney has to learn his trade as manager to get the club doing well. Most important is finance- he said £30mil is needed in cash to compete. Regardless of assets.

He deserved to be forgotten quickly. Opportunist at best. Couldn’t wait to cash his chips in after saying “we’ll take the Premiership by a force “!! 
 He’s very lucky he is forgotten and not remembered in the same brackets as Billy Davies and Paul Jewell! 

26 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Only Tomori, Malone, Mount and Wilson new signings in our most used 11

Waghron? Marriott? Roos played loads of games, although not a new signing, he made his league debut under Lampard. Bogle played all season and was a new addition to the first team. Clearly we disagree but in my opinion it was a new team that season and we very nearly made it to the premier league.

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

It is blindingly obvious that this takeover needs closer examination, as the facts do not fit the narrative.

The story being spun is that a 29 year old businessman with no obvious business empire has managed to locate a multi million pound source of cash, not only that but he is relocating to the UK with its punitive taxation regime and sub-arctic climate.

None of this adds up, rumours abound that he is allegedly the face behind an Indonesian syndicate who are the real investors, this would make more sense and also the fact that they would want him in the building to see how their money is being spent.

This is nothing like a Leicester situation, their benefactor was very open about his business (King Power) and its revenue and P&L, that take-over/sale had real credibility.

If the EFL were serious, about fit and proper owners they would very closely look at all the details behind this bid to ensure no possible repeat of the Wigan situation..

Why don’t we wait until it’s announced? 

2 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

If the EFL wanted a drop of revenge for getting rinsed by Mel and his excellent legal team, might they not look as  hard as we hope ? ?

Nah, a bit far fetched that, ignore me, they’ll be completely diligent I’m sure.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Why today? I thought when we were waiting for the Fake Sheik there was suggestion that EFL bods only sat on Thurs for this type of thing?

I thought I read in one of Erik's interviews he said the chap who gives the ok was back on the 12th.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Ah, dunno. Think I saw on one of the interviews a 'on Friday' was mentioned. I can't see that it'll matter, I think this guy is real unlike the Sheik.

I almost think of this as a literal fact! I'm not actually convinced 'The Sheikh' is a real living person and that Mel ever actually spoke to him directly, but at least we know who this guy is and he's making himself accountable.

Edited by Coconut