The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

With the announcement that millions of doses of the corona vaccine will be bottled at Barnard Castle, it looks as if Dominic Cummings may be owed an apology. He didn't travel to the castle to check his eyesight but was actually carrying out a covert mission on behalf of the government, to check out their manufacturing facility.

11 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With the announcement that millions of doses of the corona vaccine will be bottled at Barnard Castle, it looks as if Dominic Cummings may be owed an apology. He didn't travel to the castle to check his eyesight but was actually carrying out a covert mission on behalf of the government, to check out their manufacturing facility.

So he was getting needled even before the press jumped on him!

3 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I can't wait for these  restrictions to end,  as far as I'm concerned the costs of all forms of restriction have far outweighed the benefits and show what an irrational government we have. Will never trust the government again.

Presume you are talking about Brazil??

6 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I can't wait for these  restrictions to end,  as far as I'm concerned the costs of all forms of restriction have far outweighed the benefits and show what an irrational government we have. Will never trust the government again.

126,713 deaths even with extensive lockdowns and other restrictions.

How many would there have been if there would have been no restrictions? A quarter of a million? Half a million? A million? More?

Those 'what if' numbers are what you have to take into account when you say the costs have outweighed the benefits. I couldn't give you an answer either way.

I agree with your criticism of the government - but then again, that's nothing new coming from me. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

How many would there have been if there would have been no restrictions? A quarter of a million? Half a million? A million? More?

Irrelevant questions now as we will never know, who knows could of been less without restrictions? As we are seeing in cases like Florida vs California. Anyway now there are 30 million people vaccinated at least once against a virus with a >98% survival rate, and a survival rate of >99.9% with those not vaccinated. Having these restrictions in place now is doing far far more damage than what they are allegedly protecting against. 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Irrelevant questions now as we will never know, who knows could of been less without restrictions? As we are seeing in cases like Florida vs California. Anyway now there are 30 million people vaccinated at least once against a virus with a >98% survival rate, and a survival rate of >99.9% with those not vaccinated. Having these restrictions in place now is doing far far more damage than what they are allegedly protecting against. 

Rhetorical question not an irrelevant one.

7 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Yeah maybe, more irrelevant in my book. 

All I was doing was pointing out the utter futility of the perpetual "Restrictions did more harm than good" argument without even making an attempt to quantify - or even qualify - the statement. The fact that people still subscribe to the "We've heard enough from experts, my ignorance is just as valid as their knowledge" school of thought will continue to exasperate me - otherwise we'd probably get on fine.

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

We've booked 3 pub gardens for the 1st afternoon of Lockdown lifting.

Probably feckin snow, knowing our luck!

Forecast snow up here over the weekend, frosty pint whilst building a snowman. I mean it would be an experience.

France to enter a third lockdown, critics citing that they were warned a few months ago to introduce stricter measures to curb the new variant that could seek the country...guess what happened.

Will be interesting to see what happens in these shores, bank holiday approaching, restrictions starting to lift, numbers of cases plateauing and hospital numbers continuing to drop, but we have seen how easy it is to spiral out of control...

6 minutes ago, David said:

Forecast snow up here over the weekend, frosty pint whilst building a snowman. I mean it would be an experience.

It's a week on Monday.

Probably just pissing it down.

And cold.

Still, necking a pint at treble the cost of drinking at home, while having the delightful aftertaste of cleaning fluid from the 6 month dormant lines should be well worth it!

Mrs Devils b'day the day before, and seeing as she missed out last year I couldn't refuse her request for a day out!

Seeing as I've been doing her hair, her birthday present hat should come in handy.