Derby County on this day

derby8

10 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

4/October 1969 Derby v Man U We won 2-0 Programme 1 shilling (5p, kiddies). In a packed popside (think it was called that then) a young girl near me felt faint so I helped her out to the back of the stand.

Beginning of the end--we've been married 45 years now.

That was my first ever Rams 1st team game sat in the Ley Stand with my Dad who got tickets from his mate who couldn’t make it. Goals from King Kev and John Fitzpatrick OG. 

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

4/October 1969 Derby v Man U We won 2-0 Programme 1 shilling (5p, kiddies). In a packed popside (think it was called that then) a young girl near me felt faint so I helped her out to the back of the stand.

May first game using my first season ticket - £4 4s IIRC - I'd paid on the gate up to then.

3 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Lovely story @FindernRam 

6 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Not to drag this out... I missed the Hector goal and never forgave her! Also funny thing , when she felt ill not one of her group of friends offered to help her, and in countless games since she has never been ill again.

I can't shake the feeling I was set up although she has always denied it!! Mind you the 52 years since have been good with her. 

Just one thing someone please describe the King Kev goal to me....

7 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Not to drag this out... I missed the Hector goal and never forgave her! Also funny thing , when she felt ill not one of her group of friends offered to help her, and in countless games since she has never been ill again.

I can't shake the feeling I was set up although she has always denied it!! Mind you the 52 years since have been good with her. 

Just one thing someone please describe the King Kev goal to me....

Many say it was the best goal ever scored by a Derby player. Hinton beat three men on the wing before firing in a pinpoint cross which O'Hare brought down with his chest, and in one movement laid it off to Hector. King Zac swivelled, taking out two defenders before nutmegging a third and firing an unstoppable shot in off the post and bar.

Ok, I haven't really got a clue, but if it makes you feel better, it bounced off his knee, onto his arse and bobbled over the line.

On 04/10/2021 at 09:13, FindernRam said:

Maybe she swooned at seeing you.

• 2 weeks later...