Derby County on this day

derby8

24 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

A familiar name scoring against us

It's never a bad thing to make Pullis unhappy

Some night that was at Stoke.

Local chavs chucking snowballs through the open corner to our right. We defended like lions against the land of the giants Tony Pulis team.

That goal celebration right at the death was up there with anything else, 5,000 of us going berserk.

?

2 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Some night that was at Stoke.

Local chavs chucking snowballs through the open corner to our right. We defended like lions against the land of the giants Tony Pulis team.

That goal celebration right at the death was up there with anything else, 5,000 of us going berserk.

?

Remember trying to get a ticket for this game and living in Crewe, I know plenty of Stokies. A friend promised he would get me a ticket in the home end, but reneged at the last minute. In a way, I'm glad he did as things turned out, not sure I would have got our alive, if my cover slipped.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

Wonderful too watch again Derby 5 Arsenal 0 was in the Osmaston end.

Alan Hinton nicknamed Glady's could not tackle, could not run had no pace but give him space what perfection crosses and free kicks, any up and coming wingers and  seasoned players should watch clips of Alan Hinton for a winger it is not all about pace!

PS he was crap really cannot forgive him missing that penalty against Juventus, he did not miss normally and if he had scored we could have won 5  0 absoultly out played them but could not score. Happy days.

On 03/12/2021 at 08:26, derby8 said:

3/12/1949, Derby 7 Manchester City 0.

3/12/2005, Derby 2 Norwich 0.

Never. The giants of world football getting humbled by Derby 7-0.  Seem to remember actually beating them 6- 0 as well but must be my imagination.  Did we not beat Man Utd once whilst they lost Bolton or somebody meaning they got relegated.  Must be dreaming again.  Had another that prior to 2012 they hadn't won anything since Neil Armstrong got back from space.  Can't be right for one of Europes biggest 15 clubs surely.  Bit like that Spurs who were last league champions in sepia.

2 minutes ago, Shipley Ram said:

Is the season before memorable for Dave Bennett breaking his leg kicking Shiltons head?

That’s the one??When Shilts had to go off. Don’t remember a leg break but if you scroll back it’s on this thread somewhere I’m sure. 

Edited by Kingpin

On 17/12/2021 at 22:27, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Never. The giants of world football getting humbled by Derby 7-0.  Seem to remember actually beating them 6- 0 as well but must be my imagination.  Did we not beat Man Utd once whilst they lost Bolton or somebody meaning they got relegated.  Must be dreaming again.  Had another that prior to 2012 they hadn't won anything since Neil Armstrong got back from space.  Can't be right for one of Europes biggest 15 clubs surely.  Bit like that Spurs who were last league champions in sepia.

11/11/1989, Derby 6 Manchester City 0.