Derby County on this day

derby8

2 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Mears did two tackles on Koumas that are world class. That's not fortunate, it's great defending. Besides that Philips hit the bar and Kamara threatened a bit first half. But we defended well and made sure nothing came of it. Strangely, for a team that was so awful in defence the season after, that day we were majestic across the back, not fortunate.

As stated, we were a bit fortunate. Not as fortunate as QPR were against us though ?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

As stated, we were a bit fortunate. Not as fortunate as QPR were against us though ?

I don't agree, good defending does not make you fortunate, it makes you good at defending.

QPR, on the other hand, were fortunate as we didn't convert our chances. That was ours, and Johnny Russell's, error. On the other hand, they took their chance so maybe they weren't that fortunate either?

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

You obviously weren't there - we were the better side in that match. This myth of it being a smash and grab raid is just wrong.

For the QPR game we didn't take our chances, particularly early on (Mr Russell, talking about you) and got punished. That's football...

Only ever missed 1 Rams game at Wembley...that was 1946 13 years before I was born lol...Kevin Phillips too this day must still be wondering how he didn't get a hat trick that day lol

46 minutes ago, superzak said:

Only ever missed 1 Rams game at Wembley...that was 1946 13 years before I was born lol...Kevin Phillips too this day must still be wondering how he didn't get a hat trick that day lol

Did he play for Charlton back then?  I never knew that!   ?

6 hours ago, superzak said:

How did we win this one and lose to QPR lol

5 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Me and my son were there, in the posh seats  behind the goal where we scored, perfect view of our goal. Remember being full of optimism on the way back on the train...didn’t last long ?

I was there with my son, it was very cold 

• 2 months later...