Derby County on this day

derby8

38 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Is there a montage of Alan Hinton crosses leading to goals on You Tube? Not sure I have ever witnessed another player ever with his ability to provide pinpoint crosses over and over again..

And with both feet. Alan was unfortunate to be playing at a time that wingers were unfashionable at International level ( in England any way ). A better crosser of a dead or moving ball I’ve not seen. Beckham no where near imo 

18 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

And with both feet. Alan was unfortunate to be playing at a time that wingers were unfashionable at International level ( in England any way ). A better crosser of a dead or moving ball I’ve not seen. Beckham no where near imo 

... and I doubt there's been a player with a harder shot in both feet combined, though Charlie George was no slouch in that respect either. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, derby8 said:

29 games to go, 18 points behind 21st, that's 6 wins behind, we could pace ourselves and do it, but a tall order. Club will want to show fight to avoid 29 dead rubbers...

I'm a never say never kind of person

PS:  Yeah, I know we'll in all probability go down, in fact are likely down already bar an official "R"....but one can dream.  Imagine the faces at EFL HQ and in Gibson Towers if we stayed up.  

1 hour ago, derby8 said:

17/11/2001, Derby 1 Southampton 0.

Was this the Mawene freak goal?

I went to watch Salford a couple of international breaks ago and he’s fitness coach there. Got speaking to him about that goal and he had nothing but glowing stuff to say about the Rams. Top man.