Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

36 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Fair.

Either he's improved since he was at Derby or I'm just thick.

Tomori had the same issue at Chelsea as he did at Derby, he needed to learn quickly. And, you know what, he sure as hell did. Those who claim he was weak in the aerial challenge are basing their claims on his first few games for Derby or Chelsea - once he'd adapted to the level he was a class above. As good a centre back as I have seen at Derby since Dave Walton (just checking if you're still reading).

7 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Tomori had the same issue at Chelsea as he did at Derby, he needed to learn quickly. And, you know what, he sure as hell did. Those who claim he was weak in the aerial challenge are basing their claims on his first few games for Derby or Chelsea - once he'd adapted to the level he was a class above. As good a centre back as I have seen at Derby since Dave Walton (just checking if you're still reading).

A burly defender, if I recall correctly.

Sorry, a Burley defender.

11 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Read that as Dave Watson. I know he was pretty good, but I'm sure we've had better since ?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 17/03/2022 at 15:22, Ghost of Clough said:

Best English CB not even in the squad again.

Maguire, Stones, Mings, White, Coady and Guehi all chosen instead of him.

I love Tomori, but I can't help but think there's a bit of bias here.

No matter how crap Maguire has been this season, you don't drop him for England unless he starts replicating his club form. Same goes for Stones.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I love Tomori, but I can't help but think there's a bit of bias here.

No matter how crap Maguire has been this season, you don't drop him for England unless he starts replicating his club form. Same goes for Stones.

Whether you think he's the best or not, he should be in that England squad. Mings, White, Coady and Guehi? Really?

Whoscored rankings amongst other English CBs in the PL this season:
Stones - 3rd
Guehi - 11th
Mings - 12th
White - 14th 
Maguire - 19th
Coady - 22nd

Tomori's rating in Serie A would put him level with Stones.

59 minutes ago, JfR said:

AC Milan 3-0 up at Sassuolo with about 20 minutes left to play. Barring a spectacular screw up, it looks like he'll be winning his first piece of senior silverware.

Commentator said he shouldn't be in the England squad - he should be in the team!