Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got his first call up for England. 

Good on him. He's part of a centre back pairing at AC Milan that haven't conceded a goal in 350 minutes of league football. Very well deserved and I wish I could live in some alternate universe where we got to keep him!

England.jpg

Edited by EulogyForEvolution

Glad to see him back, I think he's probably England's third-best CB. Definitely should be in the squad regularly ahead of the likes of Mings and Coady.

Hopefully he does well and continues to get a chance when Maguire is back, and isn't just filling a gap for him. Maguire, Stones, Gomez and Tomori as a regular four in the squad would serve England well in that position for a long time to come.

Sliding doors. Had we won the final he'd likely have stayed. Though I still say his best position would be as a (sole) central defensive midfielder. 

That said, I don't believe I've ever seen a faster defender. You'll never beat Tomori. He's done brilliantly, making the hard choice to go to Italy to prove himself and play week in, week out, learning the art of defending from the best. Even if he's been overlooked for too long by Southgate as a result. Congratulations to Fikayo as he comes back into the fold.