Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

Utterly ridiculous he's hardly featured in Southgate's squads and not for a while. Frustrating as we are close to having such a strong team and Fikayo could (maybe should?) be one of the lynchpins. If he's not in the next squad it's very fishy indeed. Italy is the home of the best defending in world football, and he's just won the Serie A title. 

18 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Utterly ridiculous he's hardly featured in Southgate's squads and not for a while. Frustrating as we are close to having such a strong team and Fikayo could (maybe should?) be one of the lynchpins. If he's not in the next squad it's very fishy indeed. Italy is the home of the best defending in world football, and he's just won the Serie A title. 

Well, it’s a bit like Bielek playing in league one, it’s just not good enough for the international manager.

Well done Fikayo. Solid as a rock for AC Milan all season, most minutes played for an outfield player as well I believe. How Southgate still picks Tyrone Mings and Conor Coady is mind-boggling. Clearly Paolo Maldini's praises aren't the same as watching 2 very average premier league centre halves.

1 hour ago, SouthStandDan said:

Back in the England squad. About bleedin time, ten times the player of Tyrone Mings.

Still a couple of bizarre choices.

James Justin - 4 games all season. Targett and Sessegnon finished the season strongly.
Phillips - been one of the worse CMs in the league this season. Why suddenly drop the ever reliable Henderson? I'd even have Hughes in there based on his performances this season.

Really pleased for Tomori - more than deserved and realising the potential we all saw in those early days. 

But if Southgate is picking players on merit then where's Maddison, one of the best midfielders in the PL this season.  Replace Phillips for him.

Not usually a Dier fan but this season at Spurs he has been rock solid and would have picked him over White. Guehi to be fair has had a really good season. 

Trippier been injured for ages - gamble.   It's a very right sided squad though. 

4 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Really pleased for Tomori - more than deserved and realising the potential we all saw in those early days. 

But if Southgate is picking players on merit then where's Maddison, one of the best midfielders in the PL this season.  Replace Phillips for him.

Not usually a Dier fan but this season at Spurs he has been rock solid and would have picked him over White. Guehi to be fair has had a really good season. 

Trippier been injured for ages - gamble.   It's a very right sided squad though. 

Phillips is like macguire, might be s*** for his club, but has never let Southgate down, and Southgate, knows he can work well alongside Rice in his preferred system. It’s not all about their club form. 

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Phillips is like macguire, might be s*** for his club, but has never let Southgate down, and Southgate, knows he can work well alongside Rice in his preferred system. It’s not all about their club form. 

Yeah, get you.  That's the reason I never mentioned Maguire tbh as, much as I so don't rate him for his club, he often performs for England.  Maybe Dier is the opposite. I'd just like to see Maddison at least given a go - not sure what else he can do to get in. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Brilliant player. He was awful on his debut against Millwall (when this comment was made I believe). The complete opposite of Bob Malcolm who I heralded as the next Makelele after his debut against Wolves.

Lesson. Never judge a player after 1 game. Unless it’s Ali Día.

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Brilliant player. He was awful on his debut against Millwall (when this comment was made I believe). The complete opposite of Bob Malcolm who I heralded as the next Makelele after his debut against Wolves.

Lesson. Never judge a player after 1 game. Unless it’s Ali Día.

Leeds at home wasn’t it?

Think we lost at Millwall the week after.