Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

23 hours ago, Olton Ram said:

I don't know which is worse; that a player as good as Tomori can be put on the scrapheap of being a team's 4th or 5th choice centre back, or that a 4th or 5th centre back at a Premier League club can still be worth £25 million!

He's too good to be just a backup player for the likes of Chelsea. I hope things work out for him either in Italy or back in this country and that he goes on to have a good career at the top level. One of Derby's best ever loan players imo. 

Chelsea mate of mine (I know, I shouldn't) said that when he played at the beginning of the season they kept getting done at set pieces and because he's not the biggest / most physical he got found out a bit. Seems reminiscent of his early days with us.

I thought he was class, a joy to watch. Let's not forget he won POTY in a season when we had Mason Mount and Harry Wilson - that's no small achievement.

I've been reading some of the Chelsea forums still trying to figure out why he wasn't being played ahead of Christensen and Rudiger. There's claims of "bullying" in the dressing room with a lot of older heads in there creating discontent that Mason Mount, Tomori and James were being played ahead of them. I think Frank decided to pick and choose his battles and decided that Mount and James were winnable but Tomori unfortunately had to be sacrificed so he could still play those two.

11 minutes ago, Shang said:

I've been reading some of the Chelsea forums still trying to figure out why he wasn't being played ahead of Christensen and Rudiger. There's claims of "bullying" in the dressing room with a lot of older heads in there creating discontent that Mason Mount, Tomori and James were being played ahead of them. I think Frank decided to pick and choose his battles and decided that Mount and James were winnable but Tomori unfortunately had to be sacrificed so he could still play those two.

I read a bit about the alleged bullying. I'm not sure I believe it. Modern football fans and pundits are the biggest drama whores on the planet. I am, however, struggling to understand why Rudiger would be selected ahead of Tomori. Eranio was bang on the money about Rudiger being a rubbish defender, he just picked a stupid reason as to why.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

I thought he was class, a joy to watch. Let's not forget he won POTY in a season when we had Mason Mount and Harry Wilson - that's no small achievement.

I think part of that was his passion, not to downplay his footballing ability, but on top of being a very good footballer I've never seen a loan player care so much. That's even considering a player like Leon Osman who pretty much single handedly saved us from relegation. If I hadn't had known otherwise I would've thought Tomori was playing for his boyhood club when he was with us!

31 minutes ago, Anon said:

I read a bit about the alleged bullying. I'm not sure I believe it. Modern football fans and pundits are the biggest drama whores on the planet. I am, however, struggling to understand why Rudiger would be selected ahead of Tomori. Eranio was bang on the money about Rudiger being a rubbish defender, he just picked a stupid reason as to why.

Yeah I'm 50/50 on it too, I think it's clear there's some strong personalities in there and it kind of makes sense why Frank shipped off a bunch of players who were doing well for him. He desperately needed to thin the squad to have less options. 

Players like Barkley were playing relatively regularly for him (and quite well) before he was loaned off to Villa, Ampadu is really highly rated and Loftus Cheek was doing well before injury. Impossible job to juggle all these players.

1 hour ago, Shang said:

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2021 at 13:01, angieram said:

Great news for Tomori!

I wonder if the Italian influence could take his game to the next level? He always had the physical attributes and seemed to have a great attitude as well. Add in some defensive know-how in the style of Nesta, Maldini, etc then England could have a top class centre back option! 

Would be very happy to see that happen

On 01/03/2021 at 13:01, angieram said:

Finally found something on here to cheer me tonight ?

Glad to see he’s doing ok, far better than Chelski rated him. Don’t know about England but he’s at least worthy of starting in the Premier League and proving it in Serie A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...