Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

11 minutes ago, Anon said:

It's soft, but it's a red. I'm a big Tomori fan, but he's the wrong side of his man and uses his arm to try and prevent a clear scoring opportunity.

Agreed. It's a foul in the area so it's a penalty. As there was no attempt to play the ball whilst denying a clear goalscoring opportunity the double indemnity law doesn't apply and it's a red. 

People think it isn't a red as Mount stayed on his feet yet also moan when people go down too easily. 

If posters think the law is wrong, then fine, but the ref got it spot on. 

On 12/10/2022 at 10:24, sage said:

Agreed. It's a foul in the area so it's a penalty. As there was no attempt to play the ball whilst denying a clear goalscoring opportunity the double indemnity law doesn't apply and it's a red. 

People think it isn't a red as Mount stayed on his feet yet also moan when people go down too easily. 

If posters think the law is wrong, then fine, but the ref got it spot on. 

Has he denied him a clear goal scoring opportunity? I mean Mount still had the shot, it is still a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Also if Mount scores does that mean it isn't a red card for Tomori? 

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Has he denied him a clear goal scoring opportunity? I mean Mount still had the shot, it is still a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Also if Mount scores does that mean it isn't a red card for Tomori? 

It was a clear goalscoring oppurtunity. Whilst he still managed to get a shot in of sorts he was sufficiently impeded to be deemed a foul. 

If the ref waves play on and Mount scores there is no red card as there is no foul. A red card would apply of Tomori had used violent conduct. 

Highlights the inconsistency. 

What determines a clear goal scoring chance? Why aren’t players sent off when wrestling the opposition at corners? Surely a header from 10 yards out is just as big an opportunity as shooting from 10 yards…

On the actual incident, it was rank bad defending from Tomori. Letting a player get goal side of you from that position and pass is poor.

• 4 weeks later...

Not in the England squad. Again... ?

Southgate sticking with out of form and injured players. Really disappointing, but expected.

How Coady, Maguire and Trent all continue to be selected is beyond me.

Phillips and Henderson in midfield too.

I hope the team that do well, but I also hope that the next England manager is someone progressive that can give fair chances to those that are playing to the best of their abilities only to be overlooked for the teachers pets. Clean slate needed after the tournament.

11 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Southgate's blind faith will prove to be his undoing. You just know, at some critical stage of the tournament, with Dier and/or Maguire in the defence, there's an almighty clanger going to happen. You just know it..........

Hasn't happened in the past two tournaments. Maguire has been excellent in fact. Though I agree Tomori should be there.

33 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Hasn't happened in the past two tournaments. Maguire has been excellent in fact. Though I agree Tomori should be there.

Leading up to those tournaments Maguire had been in decent form but for the last season and a half he's been abysmal.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

He’s a good egg

E1745289-D01E-4F2A-BD5B-ED06D0DE26B5.jpeg

Don’t think he’s ever said anything negative about us or his time here. If I remember right first year back at Chelsea, he even posted something on social media about wanting us to do well against Forest.

Don’t care what anyone thinks about his blip against Chelsea, which was harsh, he’s top class and I sincerely hope he has a great football career; eventually getting back in the England squad. Lose Walker, England might need his pace.

We may have only been one season in his career but I hope we see him back at Pride Park one day.