Fikayo Tomori

Heisenberg

22 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Well, not all of us.

1766247444_awfuldonkey.thumb.JPG.b17f60bc00778d7eeedf2d4e1f6b8a28.JPG

In Bris' defence he wasn't the only one with those views at the time. That Leeds game was one of the worst debuts I have ever seen. Was it 3 of the 4 goals coming from him not knowing how to head a ball in the box?

I can't remember what I said after the game, but it was along the lines of him needing to improve that part of his game, and improve fast. Which to his credit, he did.

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

In Bris' defence he wasn't the only one with those views at the time. That Leeds game was one of the worst debuts I have ever seen. Was it 3 of the 4 goals coming from him not knowing how to head a ball in the box?

I can't remember what I said after the game, but it was along the lines of him needing to improve that part of his game, and improve fast. Which to his credit, he did.

I was going to post similar at the time, but the post would lose its impact as a bit of fun.

Equally though a number of people could look past that and see that he clearly had some very obvious qualities and was a classy player waiting to break out.

Putting the goals against Leeds down solely as his errors always seemed to be harsh anyway,  considering he had the equally if not more unimpressive (in the air, positionally) Max Lowe to his left, Keogh doing his usual job hatchet job of 'organising' his defensive partners to his right. We've also seen now how poor Lampard is at setting out a defence - he was thrown to the lions.

I remember quite a few times throughout the season where he'd get accused of losing his man or the ball, but he was clearly being fouled. Opposition players knew they could grab hold of his shirt, stop him jumping and get away with it because he was a kid. I doubt he lets himself get bullied nowadays.

Besides that, there's a bit of a difference between pointing out that someone has had a poor game, or a big part of their game to work on and calling them an "proper donkey", which is why it stuck in my head. (This was after he attempted a clearance which sliced into his own net against Millwall)

Edited by Coconut's Beard

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

As sad as the context of this pic is, it’s also great to know that Fik has moved on and is now a champion of Italy and an England international.

Chelsea need a complete rebuild at the back with Rudiger, Christiansen going, Azpi may be and let him leave for peanuts really. They kept Sarr who looks a liability. How much would it cost to re-sign him??

8 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Chelsea need a complete rebuild at the back with Rudiger, Christiansen going, Azpi may be and let him leave for peanuts really. They kept Sarr who looks a liability. How much would it cost to re-sign him??

How many gooduns have they let go in recent years? Not just gooduns, but ridiculously world class. De Bruyne, lukaku, abraham is doing well now, I know there are many more. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

How many gooduns have they let go in recent years? Not just gooduns, but ridiculously world class. De Bruyne, lukaku, abraham is doing well now, I know there are many more. 

Yeah they've let some gooduns go for sure but tbf to Chelsea, they kept hold of Danny Drinkwater...

On 27/05/2022 at 19:04, TigerTedd said:

They let Declan Rice go as a 14 year old, and have spent a lot of the last 2 or 3 years trying to re-sign him for a fee in the 9 figure range

On 27/05/2022 at 19:04, TigerTedd said:

To a (slightly) different degree perhaps we might have been in the similar position of letting good/very good players go because we weren’t able to offer them a route to the first team, were it not for administration/embargoes and all the rest of it.

Judging young players with anything other than hindsight is sometimes a tough job given the different rates at which they develop.

Perhaps Chelsea fell into the trap of believing their own strategy - the Academy as a source of income rather than a source of first team player.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...