Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

5 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Well how he travelled and was chatting to SM at QPR, relations would still seem ok. Perhaps first dibs at a loan could be incorporated into any deal. 

Not sure he’d get in our team this season or  next tbh. Think he’ll be ready in two years or so

never seen him play so pure speculation and guesswork on my part,  but that’s not stopped me yet ?

Edited by StrawHillRam

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

'Statistically speaking' takes the entire youth roster into account, where 'statistically' most won't make it. 

I'd be willing to bet 'statistically speaking' the best few from each age group do make the grade.

How many of that England Under 16 team from 2013 have you heard off? These are supposed to be the best of the best.

I think I was under 50% with those I've even heard of and none of them have become England players.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Well how he travelled and was chatting to SM at QPR, relations would still seem ok. Perhaps first dibs at a loan could be incorporated into any deal. 

Perhaps he asked him- “ schteve - if you had the chance to go to Man Utd or stay at Derby County, what would you do?”

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

And if he doesn't actually want to sign pro terms with us, what other option do we have?

I don't think £1 Million is bad business especially if there are plenty of additional fees linked.

How often do these star players at this age actually go on and become stars. 1 in 50 chance?

Go back ten years and find an England Under 21 team. I would guess most are not longer playing Prem Football.

Go back ten years and find an England Under 16 team and see how many are are playing Prem football? I bet none are.

In fact - here you go - this is from 2013 England under 16's - how many have become stars? I think 3 are in the Premiership today and none of them have played for England. Three quarters of them I don't even know.

Goalkeepers

Sam Howes   West Ham United U2110/11/1997

Ryan Sandford   21/02/1999

Lewis Ward   Reading FC05/03/1997

Defender

Tosin Adarabioyo   Manchester City24/09/1997

Tom Brewitt   11/02/1997

Kyle Cameron   Newcastle United15/01/1997

Archie Edwards   10/07/1997

Mandela Egbo   Crystal Palace17/08/1997

Tafari Moore   Arsenal FC05/07/1997

Reece Oxford   West Ham United16/12/1998

Ro-Shaun Williams   03/09/1998

James Yates   03/04/1998

Midfielder

Isaac Christie-Davies   Chelsea FC18/10/1997

Lewis Cook   Leeds United (R)03/02/1997

Tom Davies   Everton FC30/06/1998

Ryan Ledson   Everton FC U2119/08/1997

Max Lowe   Derby County11/05/1997

William Patching   18/10/1998

Adam Phillips   15/01/1998

Patrick Roberts   Fulham FC05/02/1997

Forward

Adam Armstrong   Newcastle United U2110/02/1997

Ben Cullen   24/09/1989

Kaylen Hinds   Arsenal FC28/01/1998

Demetri Mitchell   Manchester United11/01/1997

Layton Ndukwu   07/09/1998

Joshua Onomah   Tottenham Hotspur U2127/04/1997

Giorgio Rasulo   Milton Keynes Dons23/01/1997

Dominic Solanke   Chelsea FC U2114/09/1997

Charlie Wakefield   Chelsea FC10/04/1998

Believe it or not lewis cook has played for England & was on the standby list for the world cup

I agee with your point though not many go on to do much & getting an England cap says more about the state of the national team at times

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

How many of that England Under 16 team from 2013 have you heard off? These are supposed to be the best of the best.

I think I was under 50% with those I've even heard of and none of them have become England players.

By the same means how many of the 2015 team have you heard of....I give you some of the names from that team....

Foden, sessogon, Skipp, Hudson Odi, Sancho, I could go on.

Now at the time how many said Foden was going to be the next best thing, same about Sancho and remind me, how did that turn out ?

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

But my point was the very best in that age group (the best 3-5 rather than 30 of the best 50 or so). You may also find that the best 16 year olds aren't playing for England U16s, but actually for the U17s or even U18s.

16 hours ago, StrawHillRam said:

Not sure he’d get in our team this season or  next tbh. Think he’ll be ready in two years or so

never seen him play so pure speculation and guesswork on my part,  but that’s not stopped me yet ?

Someone rang Radio Derby last night outraged about the transfer as he reckoned Gordon was the best young prospect he's ever seen play for the under 18s. Given we have been in various states of lockdown and not allowed to go to Academy games all the time he's been playing at that level I thought it was a pretty bold claim.

Unless he was Darran Wassall, of course!

Good luck to young Kaide, sorry to see him go but that's life at Academy level and it's a great opportunity for him.