Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

8 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Hopefully we can get him back on loan, possibly the rest of this season and next. As would surely be better for his development, rather than not being involved at Liverpool. 

Why would we loan him back to develop him for Liverpool? Doesn't make sense. Our academy is there to develop our players.

The lad is only 16, and although he is a bright young star, he isn't ready for first team football yet. I wouldn't want us to rely on him to get us out of our current mess.

If/when he signs for someone else, he will be in with their youth system for another couple of seasons perhaps with some cup appearances in the first team. Don't expect him to be loaned out and star for any first team for a while yet.

This is like Delap, once he's gone he's gone. The best we can do is get a fee for his potential and have add-ons based on a percentage of his next transfer. If he does well and gets a high value transfer we will get a decent portion based on how his next team (Liverpool) will have helped his development and value increase. If he fades away then we've got a good fee now for someone that didn't quite live up to the hype.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Someone rang Radio Derby last night outraged about the transfer as he reckoned Gordon was the best young prospect he's ever seen play for the under 18s. Given we have been in various states of lockdown and not allowed to go to Academy games all the time he's been playing at that level I thought it was a pretty bold claim.

Unless he was Darran Wassall, of course!

Good luck to young Kaide, sorry to see him go but that's life at Academy level and it's a great opportunity for him. 

He probably based it off the Cardiff game ?

17 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

Hopefully we can get him back on loan, possibly the rest of this season and next. As would surely be better for his development, rather than not being involved at Liverpool. 

What a ridiculous suggestion. Why would we develop for Liverpool him after selling him? Let’s move on and develop the next player to sell for 1 million plus.

Someone rang Radio Derby last night outraged about the transfer as he reckoned Gordon was the best young prospect he's ever seen play for the under 18s. Given we have been in various states of lockdown and not allowed to go to Academy games all the time he's been playing at that level I thought it was a pretty bold claim.

Good luck to young Kaide, sorry to see him go but that's life at Academy level and it's a great opportunity for him. 

They’ve not even allowed parents watch the games so unless he’s a scout he won’t have seen him play really. 

Alot of the academy games have been accessible on ramstv.  

11 minutes ago, Igor Igor Whats the Score? said:

What a ridiculous suggestion. Why would we develop for Liverpool him after selling him? Let’s move on and develop the next player to sell for 1 million plus.

If he’s as good as people are saying he is, he will surely be better than what we already have. ( even better next season)  If that’s the case, why wouldn’t we attempt to loan back as well as take the money? 

I don’t remember anyone moaning about Mount, Wilson or Tomori blocking our academy path? Obviously because they were an improvement on what we had.

If this lad is special, as everyone ( including Rooney) seems to think, he may be able to make a difference to a team who are the lowest scorers in the league. I don’t see any other realistic options of us being able to improve our attack at the moment. 

20 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

They’ve not even allowed parents watch the games so unless he’s a scout he won’t have seen him play really. 

I know, I feel for you all.

I personally feel that the numbers usually at under 18 or 23 games out in the fresh air would be a fairly safe environment but realise they have to draw the line somewhere.

22 minutes ago, roboto said:

Why would we loan him back to develop him for Liverpool? Doesn't make sense. Our academy is there to develop our players.

The lad is only 16, and although he is a bright young star, he isn't ready for first team football yet. I wouldn't want us to rely on him to get us out of our current mess.

If/when he signs for someone else, he will be in with their youth system for another couple of seasons perhaps with some cup appearances in the first team. Don't expect him to be loaned out and star for any first team for a while yet.

This is like Delap, once he's gone he's gone. The best we can do is get a fee for his potential and have add-ons based on a percentage of his next transfer. If he does well and gets a high value transfer we will get a decent portion based on how his next team (Liverpool) will have helped his development and value increase. If he fades away then we've got a good fee now for someone that didn't quite live up to the hype.

If he’s better than we have why not? Everyone raves about our academy, and want players like jhi to get a chance. Yet aren’t interested in loaning special players like delap and Gordon back to help improve our team? Just look what Delap did to our under 23s the other week.

With the position we are currently in, I think it’s an obvious option to try and improve our team at little cost. If he is that good, he will surely be able to improve the lowest scoring attack in the league. 

1 minute ago, hughesy 1984 said:

If he’s better than we have why not? Everyone raves about our academy, and want players like jhi to get a chance. Yet aren’t interested in loaning special players like delap and Gordon back to help improve our team? Just look what Delap did to our under 23s the other week.

With the position we are currently in, I think it’s an obvious option to try and improve our team at little cost. If he is that good, he will surely be able to improve the lowest scoring attack in the league. 

He's 16... He might be one of the best 16 year olds in the country, but he isn't ready to be the saviour of Derby County and if you think we should be relying on a 16 year old to save us then we are in the poop.

Delap is doing well for a talented Man City U23 team, but I still wouldn't want him back at Derby right now as he needs to develop in the right age categories first. We've had some success promoting youth recently, but Sibley was the youngest of those and his bright spark has faded recently.

He wouldn't improve our current first team at this moment, I'm sure if he would then Rooney would've used him more than the 5 minutes against Birmingham when we had already demolished them.

In another reply you mentioned Mount, Wilson and Tomori. All 19 or older and all of them had had previous first team loans before coming to us. Kaide will possibly get to that level, but it's too much to ask of him right now. I won't be surprised to see him get some loans in for experience in a couple of seasons, but Liverpool won't sign him and loan him out as a 16 year old, that isn't their style. Their development squads are full of talent and they like to keep them in that setup until they're past the U18 level.

2 minutes ago, hughesy 1984 said:

You loan back players who would be starters - the likes of Buchanan and Knight - not those who are fringe players which Gordon is at the moment. We have others who can fill that role at the moment such as JML, Whittaker, etc... I'd rather spend 6 months developing them than 6 months developing a fringe player for another club at the expense of our own players.

Delap was playing against our 2nd string U23 defence, with only Archie starting if everyone was fit: Ebosele, McDonald, Minkley and Wassall. Sykes-Kenworthy is behind Foster, Idem and Yates in goal, and even the midfield was missing JBrown, Hutchinson, Watson and Dixon. I'm not surprised Delap looked a cut above our U23s... but his record at that level is almost identical to Stretton's so far this season, so I don't think we're missing out on much.

No point in getting our knickers in a twist over this. Fact is, we'll never really know how good he would have been for us. Same with Delap. Maybe they both go on to be top players, that could be down to the coaching of a top two Premier League club, rather than some pre-determined career path we set them on. I wonder if we'd sold Mason Bennett and Lee Holmes shortly after their debuts, we'd also seen the same wailing and gnashing of teeth. If we'd got £2m (rising to £6m) for Bennett and Holmes, we would have done pretty well in retrospect. Not every promising 16 year old in the Championship is Jude Bellingham.