Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

Well, I guess it repaying the academy investment.  Hopefully one day we can keep these lads.

After all, it’s no different to what we do to lower league clubs with their talent.

If we weren’t cat 1, we’d keep the lads. It’s catch 22.

Edited by Boycie
Added a bit

Stephen Pearce was on Radio Derby last week saying we would only sell if it made financial sense.

Selling one of the best 16 year olds in the country for £1 million makes no financial sense at all.

I don't care what financial situation we are in this is disgusting.

If he's that good. Which he obviously is (already training with the first team and Rooney said he's one of the best in training)

Then you keep hold of him and get him in the first team next year.

Just like Birmingham did with Jude Bellingham. He was on of the best 16 year olds in the country. One season in the first team and he's off for £35 million. 

I mean it's pretty clear that everything Stephen Pearce said on the Radio was a lie.

Not sure why he would want to go so desperately. Stay at Derby and push for first team football, as shown by other academy players recently, and progress as a first team player 

or, move to a big team and be amongst the under 18s/23s for ages, then potentially not even make it into their first team. 

big decision for the lad

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Stephen Pearce was on Radio Derby last week saying we would only sell if it made financial sense.

Selling one of the best 16 year olds in the country for £1 million makes no financial sense at all.

If he's that good. Which he obviously is (already training with the first team and Rooney said he's one of the best in training)

Just like Birmingham did with Jude Bellingham. He was on of the best 16 year olds in the country. One season in the first team and he's off for £35 million. 

I mean it's pretty clear that everything Stephen Pearce said on the Radio was a 

How much can the board influence the fee? If they can approach him and just pay a compensation fee, maybe this deal works better for us than what any comp would be. 

Let's be honest, we're not exactly the most attractive team to play for right now... 

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I mean it's pretty clear that everything Stephen Pearce said on the Radio was a lie.

Bellingham had signed a Pro contract. That's the difference. Since this kid won't sign with us, this is the best we can do.

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Sums up my feelings entirely. Another season or two with us and he'll get game time and we can sell him for £20m+. 

The lad and Derby both lose in this situation. He's not going to be playing for Liverpool for years. What's the point? 

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Think you need to take with a pinch of sale anything that Derby say, they’re not known for being truthful. Derby have engineered the tweets and quotes to create a buzz and increase his value. He’s not even done a full season for the U18s so can’t really be judged at a first team level.

6 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Sums up my feelings entirely. Another season or two with us and he'll get game time and we can sell him for £20m+. 

The lad and Derby both lose in this situation. He's not going to be playing for Liverpool for years. What's the point? 

I don’t think the lads sees it that way by the sounds of it so what can we do.

2 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

Think you need to take with a pinch of sale anything that Derby say, they’re not known for being truthful. Derby have engineered the tweets and quotes to create a buzz and increase his value. He’s not even done a full season for the U18s so can’t really be judged at a first team level.

Thanks for explaining Mrs Gordon.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This is a bit silly. To say you don't care what situation we're in is to close your eyes to the fact that the financial status of the Club might be so serious that even an initial £1m cannot be ignored. Yes it's extremely frustrating for fans to see potential talent sold and sold for what would in 'normal' times be considered almost a giveaway but if players haven't been paid and as a consequence the Club is subject to a transfer embargo, the number one priority is to make use of this transfer window to bring in loans which strengthen our chances of staying in the Championship.

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

Kaide Gordon is still at school and not on a Pro contract. All we get is compensation. Just like with Liam Delap. Just like Swindon with Bogle. 

I thought the point was he's been offered a pro contract which (according to @Footymum2017) he doesn't want to sign - what option do we have but to sell him now at the 'best' price?