Where is Duncan?

oldtimeram

How was he so unfit, at his age, to need over half a season to get fit? If I recall correctly his injury was towards the end of the season and could be attributed as much to fitness/condition as to bad luck.

He threw his toys out of the pram at Fiorentina for not starting in the first team, he should have been fit? If desperate for a move away then he would surely need/want to be in tip top condition? 

He’s all ego, talks the talk but is all fur coat no knickers. 

Thought the FA Cup game would have been the perfect opportunity for him to shine, being our supposedly most talented player on the pitch, he was absolutely hopeless.

I hope he doesn't turn into a man who was excellent at football in his youth but his attitude let him down to have a decent career in the game.

45 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

being our supposedly most talented player on the pitch

Was he? I wasn’t under the impression that anyone had suggested he was supposedly the most talented player on the pitch! Arguably there were several who could’ve laid claim to that as well as Bobby. In my eyes he was just another young player as far as I could see.

he was absolutely hopeless.

No he wasn’t. He was a young player put into an incredibly difficult position with very little preparation and severely lacking game time leading up to that game. No one was absolutely hopeless - some were better than others and some were certainly more prepared than others - but no one was hopeless. He then had a very difficult role being a lone front man feeding off very little service in a game dominated by Chorleys physicality. 

I hope he doesn't turn into a man who was excellent at football in his youth but his attitude let him down to have a decent career in the game.

None of us have any proof whatsoever of a supposedly bad attitude only rumour and supposition based off social media!!

Let him start the season on a level playing field and judge on what he does with his boots on. Good or bad.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Fair play to the lad for spending his summer getting fit, seemingly off his own back. Due to our current predicament he can spot an opportunity and seems determined to put himself in a position to be able to take it. I don't know why it didn't happen for him last season but that's all in the past now. Will he make it? Who knows. But having someone working his backside off to make an impact has got to be seen as a good thing.

51 minutes ago, Jram said:

Not sure about the music but why shouldn’t I hold out hope he’s gonna score 20 in the league next year? 
Thought Sibley would do it last year and now Bobby can take the mantle of unrealistic hope 

Just wouldn't be the same to We are the Diddymen! 

1 minute ago, Taribo said:

Is he paying for his own publicity videos?? He's a Derby County U23's unused sub not CR7 for christ's sake.

Almost as if he's doing an audition for a better contract somewhere else....

..and that looks like a seven year old in goal.

And those defenders when he takes the freekicks, they *never* move! FFS.

You’d be naive to think he was the only player in his off season doing extra sessions.

Most players I know turn up for pre season fitter than they ended the previous one!

I have seen some sessions of real intensity that would put these promos to shame….

Being the only one filming it doesn’t by any means he’s the only one putting in the extras 

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Are people seriously moaning about a player putting in the hard yards in the summer, enjoying their football and showing a desire to be in the team?

No one is suggesting he's the only player doing it but Jesus surely we should be commending the lad for showing some bloody passion and desire to get back fit!!!

But no, we have to pull him down and say, well others will be, and his sessions aren't that hard, or he's got a seven year old keeper.... So what, he's practising a thing called technique....

FFS this forum.... 

I’m not criticising the lad at all. Far from it. I’m suggesting that every footballer down to step 5 and 6 in local county leagues are employing people to take care of their pre pre season. Most would put this, type of “unnopposed shooting” session to shame in terms of preparation. 

Anyway I gotta go I’ve just got to congratulate the postman on getting my Mail through the letterbox.

17 minutes ago, SparxTheRam said:

Are people seriously moaning about a player putting in the hard yards in the summer, enjoying their football and showing a desire to be in the team?

No one is suggesting he's the only player doing it but Jesus surely we should be commending the lad for showing some bloody passion and desire to get back fit!!!

But no, we have to pull him down and say, well others will be, and his sessions aren't that hard, or he's got a seven year old keeper.... So what, he's practising a thing called technique....

FFS this forum.... 

fair plsy to the kad I hope he bangs them in