Where is Duncan?

oldtimeram

• 5 months later...

"One of the clips is of him burying a cross, and it was put to him that there was a shortage of strikers at Derby. 

"There isn’t one if I get the chance," was his reply.

Rooney stressed in December that building Duncan's fitness up is a priority."

1 hour ago, Sheikh n Bake said:

Had the same issues at Liverpool and claimed he should be in their first team! Hopefully I'm proved wrong, but I reckon he'll continue to sit on the fringes of the U23s until he finds his level on the bench in League Two.

Wasn't the Liverpool 1st team bit down to his agent, who he changed? He's still young, could be down to 'growing issues'. Plenty of time yet for him.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, jimbo jones said:

Amazing some of the nonsense I've seem thrown at him, by people completely unaware this was the case, but then have decided to write him off because he didn't play much last season ?

i like this post for stating how much nonsense is written by ill informed people just not on this subject but across most of this forum  some of the responses are stupid hateful hurtful and down right silly but if anyone stands their ground and replies they are shot down and ridiculed. i thought a forum was an open page or place where people could express their own views not have their views rightly or wrongly pushed down throats. because if I'm not wrong do we not all support one club even if we disagree with ways its being run.

18 minutes ago, islandram said:

i like this post for stating how much nonsense is written by ill informed people just not on this subject but across most of this forum  some of the responses are stupid hateful hurtful and down right silly but if anyone stands their ground and replies they are shot down and ridiculed. i thought a forum was an open page or place where people could express their own views not have their views rightly or wrongly pushed down throats. because if I'm not wrong do we not all support one club even if we disagree with ways its being run.

I find it strange that you state many of the people on here are ill informed, and that you think they write so much nonsense. No, not strange, actually quite hurtful, stupid and down right silly.

Ah, you’ve not quite got the hang of this forum yet have you islandram ?

You’ve got to sort out the wheat from the chaff, that is you’re kind of wheat from you’re kind of chaff.

For example, our two resident contrary Mary’s, who appear to scour the forum for content to contradict/ play devil’s advocate and the forum attention seeker are my kind of chaff so they’re on ignore but there is a decent amount of wheat which makes the forum much better for me.

Hope this helps because I do believe it’s a well run forum so worth sticking around for. ?

51 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am willing give bobby Duncan a chance but he needs to prove himself if he prove his fitness and willing to learn but maybe consider him for cup games but depanding state players we have to pick from.

I want to win cup games though, not risk players who might step up.

Step him up in league games.

14 hours ago, islandram said:

But surely you are arguing that because you disagree with someone they have a silly and stupid opinion whilst simultaneously arguing that everyone should be able to express their views freely? 

Slightly contradictory? 

Teasing....but I'd argue also that what some would feel is someone's valid opinion is another's hurtful ill-informed rant. 

Edited by Chester40

16 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Amazing some of the nonsense I've seem thrown at him, by people completely unaware this was the case, but then have decided to write him off because he didn't play much last season ?

If it takes you a season to get fit, you're not cut out to be a pro footballer. We'll release him on a free at the end of next season. Bookmark me.