Abu Derby County

tinman

23 minutes ago, TomG said:

How many more excuses are we expected to tolerate?

Two.  Then that's it.  We all walk.

Flanges.  Scravers.  Balons.  The lot... in the bin!  Grrrrr!
All replica home shirts to be washed with the missus' red flimsies, to turn them pink, as a visual protest!
We tell them to shove their season ticket refunds up their jacksies.
We turn up in our thousands to watch Sunday Morning FC on The Racecourse, just to show DCFC what they are missing!

Who's with me?  Who is prepared to make a stand, against this inexcusable excuse for a surfeit of excuses! 
Enough is enough (is enough.  I can't go on, I can't go on no more, no.  Enough is enough (is enough).  I want him out, I want him out that door now).*

Stand Up.  Be Counted.  Detolerate.

Or... Not?  Meh!  

*Copyright of Barbara Streisand/Donna Summer... maybe?  

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I've started exercising to get myself in shape, with a view to getting a nice girlfriend, doesnt mean it will happen though does it?

Ah, so you're asking where the club guaranteed that something out of their control would happen. 

They didn't promise it, no. But they did put a time line on it. A target they appear to have missed. 

No, they don't have a crystal ball. 

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Two.  Then that's it.  We all walk.

Flanges.  Scravers.  Balons.  The lot... in the bin!  Grrrrr!
All replica home shirts to be washed with the missus' red flimsies, to turn them pink, as a visual protest!
We tell them to shove their season ticket refunds up their jacksies.
We turn up in our thousands to watch Sunday Morning FC on The Racecourse, just to show DCFC what they are missing!

Who's with me?  Who is prepared to make a stand, against this inexcusable excuse for a surfeit of excuses! 
Enough is enough (is enough.  I can't go on, I can't go on no more, no.  Enough is enough (is enough).  I want him out, I want him out that door now).

Stand Up.  Be Counted.  Detolerate.

Or... Not?  Meh!  

That's a great come-back!

5 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Ah, so you're asking where the club guaranteed that something out of their control would happen. 

They didn't promise it, no. But they did put a time line on it. A target they appear to have missed. 

No, they don't have a crystal ball. 

Well glad you agree that Derby County didn't say it would be done before Xmas, could have saved yourself 2 posts...

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

The club have never put a timeline on this or made any excuses publicly.  they have only come from speculation and twitter rumours.  The last statement clearly said “with a view” so not a definite will be.

The club didn't pay players on time because the club expected the sale to have been completed ny NYE and someone else to be funding the club. That IS a fact. 

But you think things are all on track and ok?

11 minutes ago, Gritty said:

The club didn't pay players on time because the club expected the sale to have been completed ny NYE and someone else to be funding the club. That IS a fact. 

But you think things are all on track and ok?

I think it’s a complicated deal that it will be difficult to put a time on but I do think it will go ahead.  My only logic for that is that the public statements, messages from local and respected journalists still indicate that to be the case.

Let's be honest, this deal is going to be nothing to shout about even when it goes through.

We've gone from well meaning if naive owners in GSE who didn't quite have the money to push us forward, to a well meaning but naive Mel Morris who had the money, but has seen it pissed away through poor decision making, to this next lot.

We've no idea if they're well meaning, no idea if they have money to invest or not, and they certainly have no connection to the locality, club or fanbase.

Well done Mel, you bought a club you loved and depart selling us down the river to a foreign investment fund with a pisspoor website designed by an idiot.

Quite the job you've done, even managing to outdo Fawaz in the poor custodian stakes.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Let's be honest, this deal is going to be nothing to shout about even when it goes through.

We've gone from well meaning if naive owners in GSE who didn't quite have the money to push us forward, to a well meaning but naive Mel Morris who had the money, but has seen it pissed away through poor decision making, to this next lot.

We've no idea if they're well meaning, no idea if they have money to invest or not, and they certainly have no connection to the locality, club or fanbase.

Well done Mel, you bought a club you loved and depart selling us down the river to a foreign investment fund with a pisspoor website designed by an idiot.

Quite the job you've done, even managing to outdo Fawaz in the poor custodian stakes.

I’ve been a bit whatever about this on both sides and not buying into the whole ‘Richest club in the world’ nonsense to the next three Amigos stuff. The line about the website did intrigue me though and I let curiosity get the better of me. After having a look I can concur it’s rubbish and further than that the detail in the mission, values and history statements read like they’ve been knocked up in a couple of minutes in a rented unit of a 1960s office block in Crawley by a guy called dodgy Nige. I looked up some other notable Abu Dhabi conglomerates and their websites and company info was far more polished and professional in comparison. They also had Wiki company profiles which BZG didn’t have ( This could just be down to me being a completely rubbish conspiracy theorist private investigator) which may or may not mean anything. I also looked at the linkedin profiles of the different conglomerates employees, staff numbers were similar but there was much more info for them  at the other groups with profile pics and posts sharing content etc,, whilst the BZG employees hadn’t posted anything and in general didn’t have profile pics.

i have absolutely no clue if any of it means anything at all and I’m quite concerned that one person mentioning their rubbish website has sucked me into all of this. 

We still don’t even know who the day to say decision maker will be with this new (potential) investment.

So many open questions, so little information to go on, taking so long now. The uncertainty isn’t good.

Nothing will be helpful for Rooney either. I mean - if he did have an interview recently, who actually interviewed him?

10 hours ago, TomG said:

How many more excuses are we expected to tolerate?

Once again, would you care to list all the excuses the club have offered that we are expected to tolerate? 

I may be wrong but I think it’s a number less than one.

I think some folk continue to confuse understandable speculation from us notoriously not ITK on this site with statements from the club.

I have serious doubts now and these will be increased if it doesn’t happen this week but the club have NOT been stringing us along with endless excuses.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

Whilst I take issue with the 'selling us down the river' statement I must admit that I expected a man who built a £500m empire to be more on the ball in running a football club. 

Leaving aside mistakes made on the footballing side, the matchday experience did not improve. The website as you say is poor. 

Messaging to the fans has been poor at times and the off the pitch debacles smack of a lack of corporate governance. 

If all we're buying in is a few quid, we're destined to fail again. 

I just hope the new regime, when it comes, brings better management at the very top which allows the manager and players to thrive and which treats fans with respect. 

Over the past few months i have gone from getting rather excited about the take-over with new exciting possibilities and wondering where it will take us, through a period of 'what the **** is happening?' to I can't be bothered and want closure. Even if it does go through, and it's a very big IF, the way it has been 'dripped-fed' to us fans, I worry now of what possibilities there will be for this club and again where it will take us. In this crazy world we are in at the moment I am clinging on for some good news to raise the spirits but i am not holding my breath! However, I remain a DCFC fan for life as many many others are. Hopefully there may be some good news soon,fingers crossed.

7 minutes ago, eccles the ram said:

Over the past few months i have gone from getting rather excited about the take-over with new exciting possibilities and wondering where it will take us, through a period of 'what the **** is happening?' to I can't be bothered and want closure. Even if it does go through, and it's a very big IF, the way it has been 'dripped-fed' to us fans, I worry now of what possibilities there will be for this club and again where it will take us. In this crazy world we are in at the moment I am clinging on for some good news to raise the spirits but i am not holding my breath! However, I remain a DCFC fan for life as many many others are. Hopefully there may be some good news soon,fingers crossed.

If no one had announced anything everyone would be non the wiser so the takeover either was announced as completed or we would have never had known, which is how it should have been.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

If no one had announced anything everyone would be non the wiser so the takeover either was announced as completed or we would have never had known, which is how it should have been.

But that isn't what has happened - that is the point. We've been able to think about ALL the possibilities for too long.

What are the pluses of buying DCFC?

1. A very good Ground

2. Excellent training facilities

3. 30,000+ fans if we're doing well, 25,000+ if not so

4. Atractive for Sky Sports

5. A Potential manager in WR who's known around the world in football

6. An under 23s set up that's doing very well

What are the minuses?

1. We're in the bottom 3

2. Covid-19

So if there's is a buyer out there with some loose change of £60m for the club and £80m for the ground if ground is part of the sale, Why wouldn't you want to buy DCFC...Is it the threat of being relegated or just too many hurdles and hoops to jump over and through to complete, Or just maybe a potential buyer doesn't see DCFC as a going concern today with being in the bottom 3 and Covid-19 playing havoc with finances in football.

There'll be no paying supporters this season, Money is flushing down the plughole, This must be costing someone millions of £s without any income coming in.

Archived