Abu Derby County

tinman

14 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think he's talking nonsense bud, except for the 'you can't send what you don't have' thing, which hardly needed pointing out. You can't even transfer in the designation currency as he claims, least not from the UK.

it's been a disappointing day on the Abu Derby thread. It started well with a couple of learned seminars on cross-border money transfers and spot deals on the foreign exchange markets. But then it headed very sharply south. Hope no one from Forest reads any of this 

It now really is 48 hours. So after all, Rooney was right - he just didn't tell us which 48 hours he was referring to  

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I think he's talking nonsense bud, except for the 'you can't send what you don't have' thing, which hardly needed pointing out. You can't even transfer in the designation currency as he claims, least not from the UK.

Yes you can, HSBC will convert Sterling to US dollars at their exchange rate or you can send sterling to the usa and get whatever exchange rate Wells Fargo give you,  so I call you out for bs

Two factor authentication is more than likely the cause of the delay in receiving the necessary funds. 
it’s probably the case that the Sheikh has put an incorrect digit into his phone number. 
iI know what this is like to rectify for just a few pounds, never mind 60 million.  
A quick call to the Midland Bank tomorrow should sort it. 

25 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Yes you can, HSBC will convert Sterling to US dollars at their exchange rate or you can send sterling to the usa and get whatever exchange rate Wells Fargo give you,  so I call you out for bs

That's not the same as pre-buying as you put it. Most banks can do that and it wasn't me who called ******** on your post you dimwit, it was @G STAR RAM I said you were talking nonsense about your instantaneous million pound transfers, because you are.

And way to go with your patronising 'can no one read' BS btw.  Classy AF ?

1 minute ago, Abu Derby said:

Two factor authentication is more than likely the cause of the delay in receiving the necessary funds. 
it’s probably the case that the Sheikh has put an incorrect digit into his phone number. 
iI know what this is like to rectify for just a few pounds, never mind 60 million.  

Maybe it's a Captcha issue?

He's been asked to pick four squares showing a goal, but after watching us he's unsure which squares to pick?

23 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

The Midland bank?. You might be right. I think this takeover started about 1995.

@Asheville Ram perhaps you could provide some evidence of same day £60 million international transfers being available through the HSBC? Might be appropriate given you've effectively accused BZG and / or DCFC of lying about the transfer on a public forum.

I suppose it's still feasible the money will not arrive but I can't see from the below anything at all that suggests we could know that no funds have been remitted as yet, quite the opposite in fact.

Could you also clarify how you know that any such facility, should it even exist, is also offered by banks in BZG's location.

From HSBC's business banking web-help pages:

image.thumb.png.3bd9c13ea224e54e0547e9891354b716.png

Key for me is that money was expected to ARRIVE by new year's eve.  That means it was remitted in advance by people engaged in international business who know how long such transfers to uk typically take. 

It didn't arrive Thursday and so it almost certainly should today. If it hasn't happened today, one has to question what's going on

Either way, not paying players due to not being able to sort out your payment schedule is pretty shoddy. And it's two years running

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Today is the day, I can feel it in me bones.

Mel will be sat at his computer hitting refresh like a mad man waiting for 60 million quid to land in his account.

And if the money doesnt arrive, he will be running to the local Bradford and Bingley to cash one of his cheques like he did last New Year.

Bradford and Bingley?  Weren’t they bought  out by Abbey National which then became Santander many moons ago? But yes, Mel will be biting his nails down to the quick

It's just occurred to me that we are conflating two things on the wages issue.

The takeover cash will, presumably, be going straight to Mel. Unless there's a contractual obligation to the contrary, he won't be liable for paying the wages. Thus the ?£60m won't form any part of the missing wages.

What will be happening is that the new owners will be injecting working capitol into the club, and paying the wages from that. I wonder if they agreed to fund the last payroll?

9 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's just occurred to me that we are conflating two things on the wages issue.

The takeover cash will, presumably, be going straight to Mel. Unless there's a contractual obligation to the contrary, he won't be liable for paying the wages. Thus the ?£60m won't form any part of the missing wages.

What will be happening is that the new owners will be injecting working capitol into the club, and paying the wages from that. I wonder if they agreed to fund the last payroll?

It's almost certain that the takeover was expected to complete before the wages were due and therefore the new owners should have been paying the wages. If they've been paid then I guess that either they've sent through enough funds to cover the wages or Mel has paid them and will expect to be re-imbursed on top of the original payment for the club.....

52 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I wonder if [the purchaser] agreed to fund the last payroll?

The answer must be yes. This is why the players were not paid, when the Derventio cash was not received in time. So the deal was that MM was not required to leave sufficient cash in the club to cover the Dec wages - that was for the purchaser to fund. 
And even if MM wanted to pay the wages anyway, to keep the club honest, it would have been too late for him to do so by the time they knew the money had not arrived. And it would have screwed up their closing cashflows for the sale which would have been pre-agreed.
None of it a big deal

Archived