Abu Derby County

tinman

20 minutes ago, one_chop said:

If I was Percy or any other respectful journalist I wouldn't bother making any more statements now. They are obviously being fobbed off.

Have you told Percy about your big money transfer to your lad? Perhaps he could relay this new information to MM so he knows he is having the wool pulled over his eyes?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/01/2021 at 08:34, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah because I imagine that for transferring £60m solicitors would use online banking. 

Maybe they got the PIN wrong 3 times on the security tag and have had to order another one.

God forbid they use Barclays. They’ll never allow it to be transferred. They have a very territorial attitude towards money in your account, viewing it very much as Barclays’ money and not yours - how dare you try and spend it!!!

Can just see them on hold now trying to explain the transaction to Barclays’ security “Experts”

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So still  no quote where they said it would be completed before Xmas.

Statement: "Both parties want to assure Derby County's supporters that the acquisition of the club by Derventio Holdings is on track, with a view to completion before Christmas" 

I'm taking that to mean, er, a view to completion before Christmas. 

19 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Morris needs to say something now.  He is not acting in a very professional manner by keeping everyone in the dark about this matter.

Ostrich syndrome springs to mind.

The fans deserve better than this!

Have we not been here before?

Mel and the club are acting professionally by not commenting whilst they try to complete a presumably complicated commercial transaction. 

14 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Statement: "Both parties want to assure Derby County's supporters that the acquisition of the club by Derventio Holdings is on track, with a view to completion before Christmas" 

I've started exercising to get myself in shape, with a view to getting a nice girlfriend, doesnt mean it will happen though does it?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yeah already seen that one.

Do you have a link to the article where they said it would be completed before Xmas?

I was paraphrasing...

It's quite clear what they meant. They have missed target after target for this deal: 24-48 hrs, then the Bank Holiday excuse, then missed Christmas, then couldn't get their payment schedules sorted so players weren't paid.  For 2nd year running.

It's utterly shambolic

30 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Such a pedant 

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

If I was Percy or any other respectful journalist I wouldn't bother making any more statements now. They are obviously being fobbed off.

Agreed. They keep getting spun lines which turn out to be nonsense

It is getting quite worrying now.

Rooney has made no secret of wanting to get his business done early (just like Cocu last January), here we are all waiting for the takeover to be announced, just like the investment last January, the players havent been paid, just like last January, the money hasnt been deposited into the account as expected, just like last January, the club have said nothing, just like last January.

My gut feeling is, the takeover has collapsed, we wont hear anything for a while and the much talked about important January will dwindle away.

8 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I was paraphrasing...

It's quite clear what they meant. They have missed target after target for this deal: 24-48 hrs, then the Bank Holiday excuse, then missed Christmas, then couldn't get their payment schedules sorted so players weren't paid.  For 2nd year running.

It's utterly shambolic

How many targets have they missed? From what I recall there was a view to complete within 24/48 hours and then before Christmas. Not a target or a promise but an expectation or ambition. Also, it’s only us fans, not the club, that have speculated regarding bank holidays as far as I remember.

Some folk are demanding updates from the club but when they, or a representative (Rooney) express a hope or expectation and that date then passes, all of a sudden they’re missing targets or promises. It’s hardly surprising therefore that they are reluctant to provide a running commentary.

12 minutes ago, Gritty said:

I was paraphrasing...

It's utterly shambolic

The club have never put a timeline on this or made any excuses publicly.  they have only come from speculation and twitter rumours.  The last statement clearly said “with a view” so not a definite will be.

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

I do not know for sure if we are having a takeover, how would other clubs know. I would just want us to pay the same as rival bidders.

They would know that there's a chance of us having a takeover, by reading exactly the same information we've read and, maybe, even knowing more than we do due to having connections in the game and in the media.

If you're thinking we could pull the wool over everyone else's eyes by not announcing a takeover then there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't see straight through it, is there?

It's just one of those things I see repeated quite a lot which makes no sense in reality!

Archived