Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The thing is, it won't shut. At best it will simply be retitled and we'll be debating:

"What will Mel do now the deal has fallen through?"

"When are the new owners going to put their hands in their pockets?"

Sad, but true.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why don't you make one up then someone  can attribute it to the club?

Most are not "rumoured" but are "speculation" . 

Sheikh Khaled and Mel Morris are madly in love with each other and have decided to make a go of it, they are investing the money they were going to plough into our club to open up their own sandwich shop called Sheikhs Raps and Rolls.

ITK.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sheikh Khaled and Mel Morris are madly in love with each other and have decided to make a go of it, they are investing the money they were going to plough into our club to open up their own sandwich shop called Sheikhs Raps and Rolls.

ITK.

Joke of chairman and always believed he's behaved in an unprofessional manner throughout this whole saga that has now being going on for 150 years.

Us fans deserve better and atleast need to know 1) when exactly will the shop open, 2) what will be on the menu and 3) how much of a discount can we demand.

Typical Mel/Derby. The silence is deafening?

26 minutes ago, Spooney1963 said:

Has anyone thought they might not be announcing due to the transfer window. We announce take over complete and all prices rise dramatically.

perhaps agreement and transfer funds agreed but just no announcement for that reason

The plan will fail when Ole says 'yep, so that's 2 million pounds for the purchase of Jones..now can just write the cheque out to Man United and sign it... Mr...? Sheik?' 

Got a new update for this.

Just noticed that the direct debit for my season ticket has not been taken this month.

One would assume that this means it has been stopped at DCFCs end.

Complete guesswork but could this because of using new bankers/account details?

On the off chance that is because I am skint, is there any chance of a temporary loan @one_chop?

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Could it be that Rooney knows more than us and maybe it's not so unsettling for him as it is for us fans?

For a start, I'd like to think that if has had an interview then HE knows who he was actually interviewed by and what position of authority that person/panel had. 

He probably thinks its 48 hours from completion LOL - that's what he said publicly!

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Got a new update for this.

Just noticed that the direct debit for my season ticket has not been taken this month.

One would assume that this means it has been stopped at DCFCs end.

Complete guesswork but could this because of using new bankers/account details?

On the off chance that is because I am skint, is there any chance of a temporary loan @one_chop?

That’s a good point actually. I’ve just checked my account and the direct debit for my season ticket hasn’t been taken either. Normally goes out the first couple of days of the month. 

What this means I do not know 

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

What are the pluses of buying DCFC?

1. A very good Ground

2. Excellent training facilities

3. 30,000+ fans if we're doing well, 25,000+ if not so

4. Atractive for Sky Sports

5. A Potential manager in WR who's known around the world in football

6. An under 23s set up that's doing very well

What are the minuses?

1. We're in the bottom 3

2. Covid-19

So if there's is a buyer out there with some loose change of £60m for the club and £80m for the ground if ground is part of the sale, Why wouldn't you want to buy DCFC...Is it the threat of being relegated or just too many hurdles and hoops to jump over and through to complete, Or just maybe a potential buyer doesn't see DCFC as a going concern today with being in the bottom 3 and Covid-19 playing havoc with finances in football.

There'll be no paying supporters this season, Money is flushing down the plughole, This must be costing someone millions of £s without any income coming in.

Still receiving money for tv rights and licensed merchandise, obviously limited income but something.

1 hour ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Because if it doesn't go through then we are stuck with mel who for all he has tried it just hasn't worked and he's obviously trying to get out which I dont blame him for, and if we do have the takeover there is so much uncertainty with how financially stable the potential new owner is and how much money he can afford to lose in this current climate where most clubs are losing money hand over fist , obviously I want us to be successful whichever happens but its easy to be pessimistic currently 

Surely it's just as easy to be optimistic?, but best not be realistic in case you lose your hair?

14 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

A sign?

I think that may be quite damaging for them.  the spaniards had their bid accepted in september? and I believe have covered some of the wages with a loan (source their bulletin board).  The offer wouldnt cover unsecured creditors so the welcome includes a 15 point penalty 

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not much gets past you.

Would you mind updating us again on the “no update” maybe in an hour, then an hour after that?

what, has there been a no update?  missed it damn, when do we expect the next no update?

15 minutes ago, rsmini said:

That’s a good point actually. I’ve just checked my account and the direct debit for my season ticket hasn’t been taken either. Normally goes out the first couple of days of the month. 

What this means I do not know 

My DD for my monthly car tax hasn't been taken either, Always on the 1st of the month.

What this means I do not know ?‍♀️

Archived