Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An updated statement from club would be nice.  Last official one was the "It'll be completed before Christmas" one.

Think bbc journalists got the "It's slipped" communication without any formal statement.  

Then journalists got hold of the "You won't be paid on time.  Again" memo

5 hours ago, Taribo said:

I had £150 cheque off me mom for Christmas. Scanned it in on my phone and it was in my account the next day

Interesting .. My neice had one from an Aunt .. 3 banking days from scan before it was cleared funds. Both accounts were one bank (different branches) 

Just now, one_chop said:

Not looking good is it.

There might be several stages.  This money was due to be sent to solicitors and so might be held in escrow.  This is a regular event in these sort of matters where undertakings or other documentation are required before money changes hands

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

So in other words everyone is only guessing that the payment hasn't gone through. I assume there are very few people who will have access to said bank account, so not sure why we should assume it would leak out either.

Don't get me wrong I'm starting to get suspicious of these guys as well, but the payment could already have been made and we'd be none the wiser. There are multiple reasons why they wouldnt want to announce it just yet even if it has gone through.

This was a point that I made. Hello, we have a lot of money and we will well over the odds for your player. Hope not.

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

This was a point that I made. Hello, we have a lot of money and we will well over the odds for your player. Hope not.

Do you really think other clubs are that stupid? That they'll accept a lower offer today because we haven't confirmed the takeover, then if it's confirmed in days go "oh poo, we had no idea they were getting new investment! we should have waited, we could have got more money out of them!"

More likely is that they'd outright reject any offers we made until we confirmed the takeover was confirmed off or complete.

11 minutes ago, Spanish said:

There might be several stages.  This money was due to be sent to solicitors and so might be held in escrow.  This is a regular event in these sort of matters where undertakings or other documentation are required before money changes hands

But that should be known by those completing the deal and as such daft deadlines wouldn't be announced. 

Are people actually making £500 transfers to family members as if that's any way comparable to a £multi-million takeover of a football club by a foreign entity? 

Or am I reading this thread wrong? Some people need to sort their lives out. 

31 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Do you really think other clubs are that stupid? That they'll accept a lower offer today because we haven't confirmed the takeover, then if it's confirmed in days go "oh poo, we had no idea they were getting new investment! we should have waited, we could have got more money out of them!"

More likely is that they'd outright reject any offers we made until we confirmed the takeover was confirmed off or complete.

I do not know for sure if we are having a takeover, how would other clubs know. I would just want us to pay the same as rival bidders.

26 minutes ago, Pottig said:

Are people actually making £500 transfers to family members as if that's any way comparable to a £multi-million takeover of a football club by a foreign entity? 

Or am I reading this thread wrong? Some people need to sort their lives out. 

it's a heartwarming consequence of the takeover that even before it has completed it has spawned a series of gifts and loans from fans to their loved ones  

Archived