Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Taribo said:

I had £150 cheque off me mom for Christmas. Scanned it in on my phone and it was in my account the next day

But you didn’t have to prove where the funds come from and that they are not the result of criminal activity. The technical transfer aspect is straight forward the checks behind it are not.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'vd not read the entire thread, but is there a reason why you are all assuming the payment hasn't been made yet?

The obvious answer is that the payment is tied to the takeover and the takeover hasn't been announced yet. 

The similar situation last year was resolved by Mel putting in the extra cash, so the wages could still be resolved without the takeover having happened.

On the takeover itself, I'd expect them to try to suppress the news for a couple of days after it happened to get organised. Lots of passwords and keys to change, PR to sort and staff to meet/sack. It might be very hard to stop leaks, but I do think it's possible that it has already gone through and not been announced. 

33 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

They will announce it on transfer deadline day , along with Phil Jones,  tomori and serdar durson on 3 year deals #iknowaguy

Hope not, that's four league games away (unless we can conjure up some snow again) but it would be the Derby way. ??

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

The obvious answer is that the payment is tied to the takeover and the takeover hasn't been announced yet. 

The similar situation last year was resolved by Mel putting in the extra cash, so the wages could still be resolved without the takeover having happened.

On the takeover itself, I'd expect them to try to suppress the news for a couple of days after it happened to get organised. Lots of passwords and keys to change, PR to sort and staff to meet/sack. It might be very hard to stop leaks, but I do think it's possible that it has already gone through and not been announced. 

So in other words everyone is only guessing that the payment hasn't gone through. I assume there are very few people who will have access to said bank account, so not sure why we should assume it would leak out either.

Don't get me wrong I'm starting to get suspicious of these guys as well, but the payment could already have been made and we'd be none the wiser. There are multiple reasons why they wouldnt want to announce it just yet even if it has gone through.

Archived