Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

A senior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family who recently failed with high-profile bids for Liverpool and Newcastle United is interested in a Derby County takeover, Matt Slater can reveal...

Last month, Derventio Holdings (UK) Limited was registered at Companies House, the UK's registrar of companies, with three directors: Bin Zayed Group managing director Midhat Kamil Kidwai and two Swiss-based British entrepreneurs, Andrew Obolensky and Christopher Samuelson. Sheikh Khaled is listed as a "person with significant control"...

Neither the Bin Zayed Group nor Samuelson have responded to requests for comment.

8 minutes ago, Shang said:

Now it gets interesting, though it seems to be all based off of the name of the company they've registered.

Though some ITKers did say a few weeks back that Mel has basically sold up...

It is noticeable how quiet Mel has been recently - maybe he's wary of being put on the spot if he talks to the press at present....

Whoever invests, I hope Mel doesn’t sell up entirely. I like him, like what he’s tried to do with the club (even where he’s been let down), he’s local and he’s a fan. 
I wouldn’t blame if he wanted to sell up considering the grief he gets and the money is has undoubtedly lost, but I hope he will still retain control whatever happens.

1 minute ago, LazloW said:

Whoever invests, I hope Mel doesn’t sell up entirely. I like him, like what he’s tried to do with the club (even where he’s been let down), he’s local and he’s a fan. 
I wouldn’t blame if he wanted to sell up considering the grief he gets and the money is has undoubtedly lost, but I hope he will still retain control whatever happens.

With who's looking to potentially invest, I can't imagine that happening

3 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I really hope we don't sell the club to human rights abusers. I know Mel is mad, but he's not chopping up journalists into little pieces as far as I'm aware. 

This guy is the cousin of Man City's owners. I think they're typically ok, unless you're homosexual (or a cross-dresser apparently) or overly drunk or have drugs in your system. I mean, still pretty intolerant, but more tolerant than the Saudis. 

I, for one, welcome our new wealthy overlords. 

Archived