Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Richard 246 says there's no update but when there is it will interest all Derby fans! 

That is a very strange statement indeed. There is no up-date. , but when there is........

If there is no up-date then how would they know if it would be of interest?

As GboroRam said, either way it will be of interest. So either the Richard does know something or he is just click baiting.

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

That is a very strange statement indeed. There is no up-date. , but when there is........

If there is no up-date then how would they know if it would be of interest?

As GboroRam said, either way it will be of interest. So either the Richard does know something or he is just click baiting.

I think both you and @GboroRamare missing the joke

27 minutes ago, James Pond said:

My DD for my monthly car tax hasn't been taken either, Always on the 1st of the month.

What this means I do not know ?‍♀️

Ah but mine has been taken for my car tax

What this means I do not know

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Richard 246 says there's no update but when there is it will interest all Derby fans! 

He knows the new managers name too.

Might rhyme with Jaffa.....might not.

rams fans are going to be really happy though!

Maybe!

5 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Maybe it's a daft question to ask but with this lockdown do you think it's going to be a lot harder to complete this takeover? PS don't laugh just thought it was a relevant question to ask. 

Doubt it will make a difference. There will be lots of zoom calls going on and signature pages being scanned etc. But it looks like since the first lockdown people have got used to closing large deals without everyone being in the same room

13 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

Maybe it's a daft question to ask but with this lockdown do you think it's going to be a lot harder to complete this takeover? PS don't laugh just thought it was a relevant question to ask. 

Without a shadow of doubt - Things are just more complicated when you aren't face to face, it's why businesses have people travelling round the world for meetings etc.... On a very practical note, things like signatures need witnessing must be a problem, I guess you can do that by video call, maybe?

23 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Without a shadow of doubt - Things are just more complicated when you aren't face to face, it's why businesses have people travelling round the world for meetings etc.... On a very practical note, things like signatures need witnessing must be a problem, I guess you can do that by video call, maybe?

Thanks for reply. 

29 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Doubt it will make a difference. There will be lots of zoom calls going on and signature pages being scanned etc. But it looks like since the first lockdown people have got used to closing large deals without everyone being in the same room

Thanks for reply appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

So you think this is all a joke? It's no laughing matter that there's no update and when there eventually is, the information will not only be updated but it will also be interesting. 

Of course the whole saga isn't a joke but the comment about Richard246 clearly was.

Calm down buddy or have I missed your joke about a joke? This is getting confusing. 

2 hours ago, rsmini said:

That’s a good point actually. I’ve just checked my account and the direct debit for my season ticket hasn’t been taken either. Normally goes out the first couple of days of the month. 

What this means I do not know 

What it basically means is they haven’t asked the bank for payment yet. 

I had to do a collection for someone who retired... A colleague said 'have you received that tenner I sent you'... 

'Err dunno mate'. 

Two days later...same question. Same answer, but agree I will check. 

Two days later, reminded..'sorry, I forgot to check again..but sure I have if you sent it.' Under my breath 'jeez get over yourself, it's a tenner'...

Hopefully that's the issue.. £60 million is pocket change to both. 

5 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Putting all of the noise about "do they or dont they have the money" for one moment, I just can't fathom why anyone would be buying a football club at this point.

Unless a club is available so cheaply that it's too good to turn down, why would any sane business man look at a club and think "yep, that looks like a solid investment" when almost everything about a football club (especially one like Derby) points to you losing money hand over fist?

For the same reason Mel Morris did. If I remember correctly when Mel first bought a share of the club he did it at a value more than he should have based on the fact that we may have been in the Prem shortly after after thus increasing the value of his investment. He took a risk that hasn't paid off, but he didnt do it purely because he is a fan. Thats the only reason why anyone would buy an EFL club really - purely to get access to the Prem money. There are other illegal reasons why you want one as well, but we can't discuss them here.

Archived