Abu Derby County

tinman

37 minutes ago, GenBr said:

For the same reason Mel Morris did. If I remember correctly when Mel first bought a share of the club he did it at a value more than he should have based on the fact that we may have been in the Prem shortly after after thus increasing the value of his investment. He took a risk that hasn't paid off, but he didnt do it purely because he is a fan. Thats the only reason why anyone would buy an EFL club really - purely to get access to the Prem money. There are other illegal reasons why you want one as well, but we can't discuss them here.

Direct those discussions  allegedly to our near neighbours chairman ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this sounds daft but I’m wondering if the money has been misplaced, or worse, lost. 
I imagine that there is a lot of finger pointing and name-calling taking place. 
I just hope the cost of insuring £60m in cash is not too much. 
We really are in trouble if this is true. 

I've refrained from posting on this thread before as didn't want to be guilty of adding to some of the near hysteria building up. 

If the potential new owners invest as much in players as they do on website designers then I can't see what the big fuss on the takeover delay is going to be as we will be dining out on waste food bin dipped from Asda rather than Fortnum and Mason fare.  

5 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I know this sounds daft but I’m wondering if the money has been misplaced, or worse, lost. 

That’s the worst poem I’ve ever read. ?

21 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Oh no. You know what you've done now?

That's another "excuse" that some will attribute directly to the club? 

In all seriousness. Whilst possible, I think it's incredibly unlikely. 

Wigan Athletic: Takeover of administration-hit club breaks down - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55547220

The prospective takeover of Wigan Athletic by Leganes owner Felipe Moreno has fallen through.

The club's administrators announced they had ended negotiations with the bidder on Tuesday morning.

They said in a statement the bid had been reduced by almost 50% over the weekend and proceeding with it would have resulted in a 15-point deduction for the League One club.

Moreno had initially been part of a Spanish consortium looking to buy the club before the English Football League rejected their application at the start of December because one of the group was subject to a disqualifying condition.

Moreno subsequently became the sole bidder and it had been hoped the deal would be completed at some point between Christmas and 1 January.

30 minutes ago, Topram said:

Just all abit of a circus 

first it was 24/48 hours 

then it was the UAE bank holidays 

then it was before Christmas 

then players not paid 

It really is a circus.

The only difference between our takeover and the Newcastle one is that Kamil Midhat hasnt been chatting to fans on Watsapp telling them it's a done deal, like he was with the Newcastle fans.

Things wouldn't be so bad if we were top half of table, no danger of relegation, waiting on a bit of money for a couple of players to get us up...but we aren't, we are bottom 3, with a very really prospect of relegation, with no permanent manager and desperate for players.

After the year we had in 2020 I thought we would start 2021 with stability and a plan, instead on the very last day of a crap year we get the news our players hadnt been paid 2nd year on the trot, it just sums up the situation at the minute.

2 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

There's quite a lot of people on here who are going to look rather silly if this eventually happens......

Or totally not surprised if it doesnt.

1 thing though, if the takeover does collapse, with a chairman no longer willing to put his money in the club, we are in for a rough patch.

4 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So, are we rich yet?

Or is the sticking point being actual money turning up, link in shake n bake's other deals?

Do the Shiek and Vax ... there’s the beginnings of a jingle there somewhere 

1 hour ago, Abu Derby said:

S02E11-KBS6iYfm-subtitled.jpg

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Another day without the deal going through, imagine my surprise...

"Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow"      I think it was Brian Clough who said that. To Peter Taylor, late one night in the Midland Hotel over one last whisky before driving home to Quarndon. Anyway, tomorrow it is. If it isn't, I'm going to start following @one_chop

Archived