Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Wow.

Genuine question, so when you regularly transfer money from a US bank account to a completely separate UK bank account it appears as cleared funds almost instantaneously? I am honestly amazed and I must have lost touch with global payments.

What do you mean by you cannot transfer zero funds (I assume you don't mean actual cash but meant funds in an account)? Who has suggested you can or is this your way of saying they haven't got the money?

Are you talking about something like a Western Union cash pick up which does appear to arrive in minutes but, I doubt this transaction would be made by such a method.?

Yes money I transfer arrives as cleared funds typically in the range of £50,000 to £1.5m,payments to suppliers.

The  point I was making is that you cannot transfer thin air, if there is no cash to transfer, then you will receive nothing.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Wow.

Genuine question, so when you regularly transfer money from a US bank account to a completely separate UK bank account it appears as cleared funds almost instantaneously? I am honestly amazed and I must have lost touch with global payments.

What do you mean by you cannot transfer zero funds (I assume you don't mean actual cash but meant funds in an account)? Who has suggested you can or is this your way of saying they haven't got the money?

Are you talking about something like a Western Union cash pick up which does appear to arrive in minutes but, I doubt this transaction would be made by such a method.?

Come on @Tamworthram can't you read! And surely you know you can't send what you haven't got. Duh!!!

WTF is he like!!!! ?

1 hour ago, Asheville Ram said:

On the basis I regularly transfer money between the usa and Europe and between the uk and the usa and usa to the uk. 
in December that was many times, my final comment is that you cannot transfer zero funds only cash.

Transactions via low risk countries based upon regular payments that have previously been done. Completely different thing.

10 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Yes money I transfer arrives as cleared funds typically in the range of £50,000 to £1.5m,payments to suppliers.

The  point I was making is that you cannot transfer thin air, if there is no cash to transfer, then you will receive nothing.

Arrives almost instantaneously?

Sorry but Im calling bs on this.

As I said on here yesterday, we tried to process a 6 figure UK CHAPS payment on Thursday and it did not go through.

11 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

OK, so I get your second point. It was a way of you saying they have no money to send.

I stand corrected on the your first point then. I'm amazed you can send instantaneously cleared funds of that amount between the UK and the US. From my previous experience you couldn't and I can't find any information on the internet (from any of the banks) to say you can but, I'm happy to concede I'm wrong if you're saying you can and you do. 

23 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK, so I get your second point. It was a way of you saying they have no money to send.

I stand corrected on the your first point then. I'm amazed you can send instantaneously cleared funds of that amount between the UK and the US. From my previous experience you couldn't and I can't find any information on the internet (from any of the banks) to say you can but, I'm happy to concede I'm wrong if you're saying you can and you do. 

Revolut and TransferWise (other providers are available) will do exchange and transfer value equals but not for a transaction like this.  We have no idea which currency Mel wants, we have no idea what liquid cash the buyer has in which currency.    The bank transaction shouldn’t be the issue more likely it is the liquidity and/or the receiving bank’s need to complete DD on the incoming funds. 

36 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I concur, nothing worse than an unkempt bush. 

Gonna have to be carefull here, I was in Skeggy mid to late 70s, Sat in the dunes just off the beach, Female mid 20s ish, Bikini on...talk about the hair on a dog, It was growing out all over the place Happy Oh My God GIF by Sesame Street

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think he's talking nonsense bud, except for the 'you can't send what you don't have' thing, which hardly needed pointing out. You can't even transfer in the designation currency as he claims, least not from the UK.

1 hour ago, Pearl Ram said:

I concur, nothing worse than an unkempt bush. 

Agreed.

One minute it's floating like seaweed in the bath, next you're expected you to locate a tiny hairless island.

In the dark, under a stifling duvet, using taste alone!

Archived