Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You lot would only spend it on Iron Brew and tunnock bars.

I'd probably invest it into a different football club and this time next year we'll be millionaires.......Boycie.

I've just had a delivery of broken down lawn mower engines dropped off, can you get hold of Rodney?

46 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

think the journalist on Twitter probably got it right when he reported that the initial investors have pulled out (most probably due to our lack of promotion potential this season) and now Sheikh Khaled is busy rallying round for more investors.

I think Khalid has probably been looking for investors SINCE the deal was announced - I don’t think they said he had a consortium in place before. But I don’t think failure to find co-investors would stop the deal. If that were the case MM would not have agreed to the announcement. 
Possible the Sheikh would like a Chinese investor for example (City has one) and maybe one from South Asia. They may tell us when the deal is announced who’s invested so things might become clear. Will be a good sign if it’s a geographically diverse group 

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Is there a better way to spend money?

Although I'd personally place the teacake above the caramel waffer.

I only give blood for that experience of sitting down amongst a load of strangers happily supping a cup of tea and wolfing down a few free Tunnock Teacakes. I clap all day long for the NHS.

Already had two caramel wafers today to keep me ticking.

8 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Surprised you've not voiced this opinion before... 

Sorry mate but everyday, every bank holiday every Saturday or Sunday that passes by the more of a joke this seems to be, we've got international bankers I use that word as what it actually means, pirate historians, people buying and selling CHAPs , it bloody hilarious to be honest, no one really has a clue what's going on me included, but I'm not deluded enough to believe a multi billionaire businessman can struggle to get a 60m deal over the line more efficiently than all this baalocks has taken

39 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Point is they could be in any front line location.  I know you spent some time in banking but you are not the only one.

I know that and I'm not prepared to admit I may be wrong but, what does "front line location" mean in this context? It's not a phrase I'm familiar with regarding international money transfers.

I'm not claiming to be the font of all knowledge regarding banking (and "some time" is actually over 30 years) and my comments are based on my own experience.

2 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Sorry mate but everyday, every bank holiday every Saturday or Sunday that passes by the more of a joke this seems to be, we've got international bankers I use that word as what it actually means, pirate historians, people buying and selling CHAPs , it bloody hilarious to be honest, no one really has a clue what's going on me included, but I'm not deluded enough to believe a multi billionaire businessman can struggle to get a 60m deal over the line more efficiently than all this baalocks has taken

Was only kidding mate, but now you've gone and done it again ?

6 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

I think you're absolutely right, none of us have really got a clue.

As I've said in an earlier post, I'm open minded to the prospect that the takeover may or may not eventually take place. 

18 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

Maybe just maybe the Shiekh is skint he hasn't got the money never was gonna have the money it's all just 1 big joke.........like the Geordie poster told us 200 odd pages ago

You might well be right. Only time will tell.

Hopefully it will all come to a head, one way or another, this week. 

Ironically, I've just finished watching an old film on TV "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" about a couple of con men pretending to be something they're not. Let's hope its not an omen.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

On what basis are you saying transferring funds between countries is almost instantaneous? Maybe my knowledge of the banking system is a little rustier than I thought.

On the basis I regularly transfer money between the usa and Europe and between the uk and the usa and usa to the uk. 
in December that was many times, my final comment is that you cannot transfer zero funds only cash.

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You might well be right. Only time will tell.

Hopefully it will all come to a head, one way or another, this week. 

Ironically, I've just finished watching an old film on TV "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" about a couple of con men pretending to be something they're not. Let's hope its not an omen.

I'd like to add to Tamworthram and BriggRam and say...I haven't a clue what's going on either.

1 hour ago, James Pond said:

It couldn't happen, Albatross cars aren't big enough to take the £60million, Francis Drake stopped the Cacafuego near Ecuador and stole all the loot, Strange tho it may sound the treasure was worth £60million and took 6-7 days to transfer it to the Golden Hind.

There's some strange opinions on here.

Just tell them to get a roof rack and box from Halfords.......put it in there!

If I was a millionaire I’d have had it done by now......Sorted!

20 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

On the basis I regularly transfer money between the usa and Europe and between the uk and the usa and usa to the uk. 
in December that was many times, my final comment is that you cannot transfer zero funds only cash.

Wow.

Genuine question, so when you regularly transfer money from a US bank account to a completely separate UK bank account it appears as cleared funds almost instantaneously? I am honestly amazed and I must have lost touch with global payments.

What do you mean by you cannot transfer zero funds (I assume you don't mean actual cash but meant funds in an account)? Who has suggested you can or is this your way of saying they haven't got the money?

Are you talking about something like a Western Union cash pick up which does appear to arrive in minutes but, I doubt this transaction would be made by such a method.?

41 minutes ago, BriggRam said:

like the Geordie poster told us 200 odd pages ago

Or was he gently winding us up? After what they have gone through with Ashley who could blame him. But he did tell us about Midhat who is the guy who runs BZG. I think the Sheikh will keep a low profile but that we'll get to know Midhat quite well in the coming months and years.  

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-midhat-kamil-4657092

Archived