Abu Derby County

tinman

2 minutes ago, James Pond said:

It couldn't happen, Albatross cars aren't big enough to take the £60million, Francis Drake stopped the Cacafuego near Ecuador and stole all the loot, Strange tho it may sound the treasure was worth £60million and took 6-7 days to transfer it to the Golden Hind.

There's some strange opinions on here.

This thread is getting weirder by the day.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can no one on here read, the statement about the transfer of funds said categorically that the money to complete the sale and purchase of the club had not been received into the sheikh’s lawyers bank account not Mel’s bank account. 

Transferring funds between countries is almost instantaneous and foreign currency can be purchased prior to transmission of the funds, furthermore to transfer to your own lawyer, whom would have checked money laundering compliance before taking on a client, would not result in a delay of days/weeks/months, it is obvious that the funds to complete any deal are not yet in place. 

3 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

so what about friday thursday wednesday tuesday monday

you are a deluded happy clapper

What are you talking about a “deluded happy clapper”? I am merely pointing out the likelihood that, if the funds had been remitted on Thursday they wouldn’t have been received and cleared on Friday (UK bank holiday) Saturday or Sunday (non business working days). 

Unlike you, I remain open minded to the fact that the takeover may or may not take place. You may be correct in your continuing assertion that’s it’s fallen through (we all look forward to your “I told you so” posts) but none of us actually know the truth yet.

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

This thread is getting weirder by the day.

I thought it was one of the most normal things I'd read in here ?

2 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

Can no one on here read, the statement about the transfer of funds said categorically that the money to complete the sale and purchase of the club had not been received into the sheikh’s lawyers bank account not Mel’s bank account. 

Transferring funds between countries is almost instantaneous and foreign currency can be purchased prior to transmission of the funds, furthermore to transfer to your own lawyer, whom would have checked money laundering compliance before taking on a client, would not result in a delay of days/weeks/months, it is obvious that the funds to complete any deal are not yet in place. 

On what basis are you saying transferring funds between countries is almost instantaneous? Maybe my knowledge of the banking system is a little rustier than I thought.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What are you talking about a “deluded happy clapper”? I am merely pointing out the likelihood that, if the funds had been remitted on Thursday they wouldn’t have been received and cleared on Friday (UK bank holiday) Saturday or Sunday (non business working days). 

Unlike you, I remain open minded to the fact that the takeover may or may not take place. You may be correct in your continuing assertion that’s it’s fallen through (we all look forward to your “I told you so” posts) but none of us actually know the truth yet.

This takeover sounds amazing.

Remember when the big rag newspapers were making out we would be the next Man City ?

I think the journalist on Twitter probably got it right when he reported that the initial investors have pulled out (most probably due to our lack of promotion potential this season) and now Sheikh Khaled is busy rallying round for more investors. If so the defeat to Sheff Weds probably came at the wrong time.

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Remember when the big rag newspapers were making out we would be the next Man City ?

I think the journalist on Twitter probably got it right when he reported that the initial investors have pulled out (most probably due to our lack of promotion potential this season) and now Sheikh Khaled is busy rallying round for more investors. If so the defeat to Sheff Weds probably came at the wrong time.

7-25pm what's wrong with that?

7 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Not happened yet?

My bet is MM calls time on it before the end of the week.

Tomorrow is the day, BZG have stated the money has been remitted (whatever that means), so take away the excuse of New Years Day, Saturday and Sunday, national pie day or whatever, tomorrow is the day.

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Can we all at least agree on one thing, tomorrow is Monday, it isnt a bank holiday, the English arent celebrating 'white bearded man day' and the Arabs arent celebrating National Yacht day, soooooo, tomorrow is the day, the lovely person at the solicitors will press the send button and Mel will receive 60 million into his ramaccount.

No.........it is a bank holiday in Scotland tomorrow, and we are all enjoying a load more drink up here today, to celebrate you lot going back to work tomorrow!

And the Arabs have decided to have the money cleaned by sending it through David Marshall's, Graeme Shinnie's and Craig Forsyth's bank accounts before it lands in Mel's ramaccount.

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

No.........it is a bank holiday in Scotland tomorrow, and we are all enjoying a load more drink up here today, to celebrate you lot going back to work tomorrow!

And the Arabs have decided to have the money cleaned by sending it through David Marshall's, Graeme Shinnie's and Craig Forsyth's bank accounts before it lands in Mel's ramaccount.

scottish national party politics GIF by The SNP

19 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Don’t know about that rumour but this makes sense, the buyers were not expected to buy a possible league 1 team. Maybe our form has scuppered the whole takeover unfortunately. Needs to be a plan B. 

9 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

038DE1F1-FC58-42C9-BF65-30FA77C80A7E.gif

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Why would the funds be sitting in a NY bank? The transaction won’t be instantaneous, even for a first class bank, if it’s being transferred from NY to the UK and a UK bank.

Regardless of that, the funds wouldn’t be released to the beneficiary until, as you say, AML checks had been completed.

Point is they could be in any front line location.  I know you spent some time in banking but you are not the only one.

12 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Don’t know about that rumour but this makes sense, the buyers were not expected to buy a possible league 1 team. Maybe our form has scuppered the whole takeover unfortunately. Needs to be a plan B. 

Maybe the doubts whether the season can be completed given COVID have also raised a concern that teams will be relegated based on their current position

12 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

You would imagine the takeover was being done on the basis that we get through to January, make a real go of it in the market and try and get promoted.

All the talks of Rafa Benitez seems quite amazing and pretty embarrassing right now ?

Khaled clearly knows there is potential, but trying to sell that to rich businessmen when we are 3rd bottom of the table must be a tough ask.

21 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

And Jack Stretton who was born in England but has two Scotland U19 caps has volunteered when the cash arrives in 1p coins to check it all out and put it all back together in them little plastic bank bags in £1 bags. He's a clever lad is Jack and knows a dodgy 1p when he sees one.

Archived