Abu Derby County

tinman

1 hour ago, NottsRammy said:

The takeover ain't happening get used to it , 2 failed attempts already and this was imminent 6 months ago,  it stinks . The fans deserve better from the whole board I've liked mel Morris but his silence on this now stinks , and he is deffo blotting his copy book for me . We deserve as fans now to learn something more concrete as this is truly shocking . 

Talk about needy!!!

angry d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

The takeover ain't happening get used to it , 2 failed attempts already and this was imminent 6 months ago,  it stinks . The fans deserve better from the whole board I've liked mel Morris but his silence on this now stinks , and he is deffo blotting his copy book for me . We deserve as fans now to learn something more concrete as this is truly shocking . 

Toys and Priam spring to mind and as an aside we deserve nothing.

It’s interesting that there have been absolutely no leaks at all over such a long period. If it had fallen through you would have either expected it to be announced or at least a Percy would have got wind of it. Likewise there is no news the other way. It makes you wonder if it is just in the throes of really bland long winded legal and financial processing because if the was anything interesting going on the likelihood is something would have got out. I’m convinced people just make these dramatic, doom laden comments that it must have fallen through as some kind reverse psychology and are posting it publicly as some kind of self therapy. 

I think the desperation for this ti be sorted lies with the league position we are in and the fact the takeover delay is delaying us having a new manager in. If we were plain sailing in top 12 with cocu then the dramatic replies wouldn't be read and people would be less needy but the fact is for clarity in 2 things being funds for January due to league position and our targets could change and the fact we need a manager rolled into it is why people are being more less patient 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

I think the desperation for this ti be sorted lies with the league position we are in and the fact the takeover delay is delaying us having a new manager in. If we were plain sailing in top 12 with cocu then the dramatic replies wouldn't be read and people would be less needy but the fact is for clarity in 2 things being funds for January due to league position and our targets could change and the fact we need a manager rolled into it is why people are being more less patient 

Agree. Which is my point really...uncertainty, indecision, vagueness doesn't help anyone. The prospective buyers need the best for the club, so I don't understand why they aren't giving Rooney any positive, calming reassurances about the deal being slowed down by red tape and all no big deal...which he could relay to the fans and players. 

Not getting my knickers in a twist about it, just seems a bit strange to me that more positive noises aren't coming out from the club if everything is totally fine. 

12 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Agree. Which is my point really...uncertainty, indecision, vagueness doesn't help anyone. The prospective buyers need the best for the club, so I don't understand why they aren't giving Rooney any positive, calming reassurances about the deal being slowed down by red tape and all no big deal...which he could relay to the fans and players. 

Not getting my knickers in a twist about it, just seems a bit strange to me that more positive noises aren't coming out from the club if everything is totally fine. 

We should expect them to say nothing. There are probably negotiations going on with third parties. You can prejudice the outcome if you give the world a running commentary. 
Maybe we’ll get a Yuletide holding statement if it keeps dragging on ??

In all honesty, even if this deal goes through now: I feel this whole situation has produced far too many red flags to allow for too much excitement. 

I understand that these things take time and had it not been for Rooney, et al saying it was nearing completion then I still wouldn't have batted an eyelid. The fact he did, and now doesn't seem to know what's happening, doesn't fill me with confidence. 

7 minutes ago, Topram said:

Still on the paperwork but the negotiations are done according to steve Nicholson 

I'm so excited

I just can't hide it

(And just like Tom Lawrence)

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.

18 hours ago, NottsRammy said:

I agree with you.  I don't think it is happening for some reason and I also agree with you that Morris' conduct is now unacceptable.  He should say something.  The fans deserve answers.  We deserve better than we are getting

I know there are a lot of Morris supporters on here, but I truly believe his actions of late have fallen below the standards of an owner and Director of the club.

I truly hope I am proven wrong in all that I have said

12 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I agree with you.  I don't think it is happening for some reason and I also agree with you that Morris' conduct is now unacceptable.  He should say something.  The fans deserve answers.  We deserve better than we are getting

I know there are a lot of Morris supporters on here, but I truly believe his actions of late have fallen below the standards of an owner and Director of the club.

See above posts  negotiations done paperwork and legals being sorted according to Steve Nicho on twitter 35mins ago

Doubts over the proposed takeover of Derby County are continuing to rise after it emerged Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nayhan, the prospective owner, still owes a law firm more than £500,000 for work it did on his failed attempt to buy Newcastle United last year.

From The Athletic.

The article goes on to say the law firm involved will seek to reclaim the money from any BZI assets held in this country, including Derby County should a takeover happen. However, several industry sources believe the deal to have collapsed.

10 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

See above posts  negotiations done paperwork and legals being sorted according to Steve Nicho on twitter 35mins ago

If that's true, good, but I still have grave doubts it will be completed.... A gut feeling.  However, if you or Nicholson is right I still think updates should have been given to the fans.  Silence is not being transparent

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Doubts over the proposed takeover of Derby County are continuing to rise after it emerged Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nayhan, the prospective owner, still owes a law firm more than £500,000 for work it did on his failed attempt to buy Newcastle United last year.

From The Athletic.

The article goes on to say the law firm involved will seek to reclaim the money from any BZI assets held in this country, including Derby County should a takeover happen. However, several industry sources believe the deal to have collapsed.

Yikes. 

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

From The Athletic.

Which Athletic reporter has written that? It'd be reasonably credible if it was a Conway article, with his stronger links to the club, but it all seems a bit tabloid/click-bait style to me.

Archived