Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

But as previously stated, there is no new information available. 

Agreed, there isn't. But if the stadium were sold there would be. The EFL rules do not limit the evidence which can be used to verify that a transaction was made to a 'fair value'. They specifically assert their rights to revisit past rulings. 

As I've said previously, I don't believe that they will revisit the stadium ruling as the transaction will be configured in such a way as to support the 2018 valuation. But to say that it's impossible is just plain wrong.

Would think that if the takeover was going to go ahead which seems unlikely now the likelihood of this happening before Xmas is even more remote.

Meaning Mel will be having to dig into his pockets to get a striker in the January transfer window that we have palpably been lacking since someone at the club thought it was a good idea to allow our leading goalscorer over the past few seasons to go without replacing him.

Decision hardly drips of financial acumen.

54 minutes ago, James Pond said:

HTHs

adverb [ADVERB with verb] If something is going to happen soon, it will happen after a short time. If something happened soon after a particular time or event, it happened a short time after it. You'll be hearing from us very soon. This chance has come sooner than I expected.

That clears it up then.?

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Would think that if the takeover was going to go ahead which seems unlikely now the likelihood of this happening before Xmas is even more remote.

Meaning Mel will be having to dig into his pockets to get a striker in the January transfer window that we have palpably been lacking since someone at the club thought it was a good idea to allow our leading goalscorer over the past few seasons to go without replacing him.

To me this takeover is entirely dependant on the outcome of the EFL appeal. Until that is known together with any possible penalty then why would anyone commit to take on an unknown liability.

Likewise I think the days of Mel 'digging into his pockets' are long gone. He will not want us to go down obviously but any funding for the striker we so obviously need will probably be funded by someone going out.  Again probably dependant on the EFL appeal.

So the EFL have got us/Mel by the short and curly's !!  They know Mel is desperate to sell and that we desperately need a striker so will probably do all they can to delay the appeal decision

41 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Haven’t looked like spending on a striker and I don’t expect that to change anytime soon either. It’s clear for all to see that Mel doesn’t want to spend any more money on the squad. 

It was reported yesterday that when the question was asked the answer was both sides are very happy with where the deal is. 

All the major points are agreed the deal is still with lawyers as sorting out the financial issues ifrom the past years is very complicated. 

2 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

It was reported yesterday that when the question was asked the answer was both sides are very happy with where the deal is. 

All the major points are agreed the deal is still with lawyers as sorting out the financial issues ifrom the past years is very complicated. 

Not seen or heard that where was it reported ? Thanks

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

It's gone beyond the point now where we can keep making excuses for the delay.

It's not happening, close the thread.

Unless you’ve seen something I’ve missed, there’s been no official announcement following the original statement - the only folk making excuses are the big girls blouses on this board and on Twitter who have the patience of 2 years old kids.....

1 minute ago, Gaspode said:

Unless you’ve seen something I’ve missed, there’s been no official announcement following the original statement - the only folk making excuses are the big girls blouses on this board and on Twitter who have the patience of 2 years old kids.....

If the wife went to the pub with her mates and she voluntarily rang you to say she would be home very soon, would you start to think something might be amiss on day 42 if she hadnt shown up?

10 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Where?

1 hour ago, CornwallRam said:

Agreed, there isn't. But if the stadium were sold there would be. The EFL rules do not limit the evidence which can be used to verify that a transaction was made to a 'fair value'. They specifically assert their rights to revisit past rulings. 

As I've said previously, I don't believe that they will revisit the stadium ruling as the transaction will be configured in such a way as to support the 2018 valuation. But to say that it's impossible is just plain wrong.

To say they could present a sales value from 2020, following the global economy taking a battering, as new evidence for the valuation at 2018 is plain wrong. 

You are assuming that a professional value at today would provide the same value as in 2018, it wouldn't. 

As an asset in 2018, Pride Park Stadium would have generated £x ex million, in 2020 it is currently generating £0 and therefore is less valuable to any investor.

Its really very basic stuff.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the wife went to the pub with her mates and she voluntarily rang you to say she would be home very soon, would you start to think something might be amiss on day 42 if she hadnt shown up?

We can all but dream

Archived