Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, roboto said:

Which Athletic reporter has written that? It'd be reasonably credible if it was a Conway article, with his stronger links to the club, but it all seems a bit tabloid/click-bait style to me.

Matt Slater.

34 minutes ago, Topram said:

Still on the paperwork but the negotiations are done according to steve Nicholson 

This sounds like the news I want to hear ?. Also, more realistic an explanation than some of the recent consiparcy theories out there.

I know Steve Nicholson gets a bad rep these days for not breaking news first or seemingly not knowing anything, but the truth is he is a great reporter and one of a dying breed. I believe he posts his information when allowed to in good faith with the club. He learnt his trade from Gerald Mortimer, the best Derby County reporter there ever was.

Steve is just unlucky that the Telegraph are behind the curve when it comes to delivering news in todays world of social media and people wanting all the news yesterday. The amount of bottom feeder "journalists" on twitter who copy and paste "news" and "rumours" to get their following and click rate up is very disruptive to the media industry.

4 minutes ago, roboto said:

Which Athletic reporter has written that? It'd be reasonably credible if it was a Conway article, with his stronger links to the club, but it all seems a bit tabloid/click-bait style to me.

Does it matter anyway? People can't just keep ignoring facts and evidence put in their faces because of who wrote it. It's the athletic not the onion.

41 minutes ago, Topram said:

Still on the paperwork but the negotiations are done according to steve Nicholson 

What Topram giveth

13 minutes ago, Rev said:

Doubts over the proposed takeover of Derby County are continuing to rise after it emerged Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nayhan, the prospective owner, still owes a law firm more than £500,000 for work it did on his failed attempt to buy Newcastle United last year.

From The Athletic.

The article goes on to say the law firm involved will seek to reclaim the money from any BZI assets held in this country, including Derby County should a takeover happen. However, several industry sources believe the deal to have collapsed.

The Reverend taketh away

Just now, roboto said:

What is Matt Slater's reputation/hit rate like on this sort of story?

He's very good. Covers most things with regards to takeovers/football finances in The Athletic.

As mentioned above, he was the first to break the story about the initial interest in the club, back in October.

13 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

If that's true, good, but I still have grave doubts it will be completed.... A gut feeling.  However, if you or Nicholson is right I still think updates should have been given to the fans.  Silence is not being transparent

I think people are too hooked up on it being completed. It is not all about being completed, it is what happens when its completed.

There is so many reg flags prior to him taking over do people really have eased minds about this guy taking over? he is not even paying his legal bills and has several times failed to prove funding! it is mad that people are turning a blind eye to this.

I am glad the athletic has the balls to tell us the truth and not just bury their head in the sand

16 minutes ago, Rev said:

Doubts over the proposed takeover of Derby County are continuing to rise after it emerged Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Bin Saquer Al Nayhan, the prospective owner, still owes a law firm more than £500,000 for work it did on his failed attempt to buy Newcastle United last year.

From The Athletic.

The article goes on to say the law firm involved will seek to reclaim the money from any BZI assets held in this country, including Derby County should a takeover happen. However, several industry sources believe the deal to have collapsed.

Good job picking out only the negative parts, rather than the part where it says the club remain confident that the last remaining obstacles will be cleared and the takeover will proceed as planned...

1 minute ago, wollatonram said:

Does it matter anyway? People can't just keep ignoring facts and evidence put in their faces because of who wrote it. It's the athletic not the onion.

Also goes the other way when you haven't got facts that he hasn't got money but that doesn't fit your rhetoric.

Reporters closer to the club are reporting that things are moving along and are on track, but you choose to believe the articles you want to believe.

I'm trying to keep an open mind. I think the worst part is that these things take time, the news broke a couple of months back and to fill in the time we are all bickering amongst ourselves. Hopefully we will know, one way or the other, soon.

Just now, roboto said:

Also goes the other way when you haven't got facts that he hasn't got money but that doesn't fit your rhetoric.

Reporters closer to the club are reporting that things are moving along and are on track, but you choose to believe the articles you want to believe.

I'm trying to keep an open mind. I think the worst part is that these things take time, the news broke a couple of months back and to fill in the time we are all bickering amongst ourselves. Hopefully we will know, one way or the other, soon.

Can you show me one factual bit of data that suggests he has enough money to buy us, let alone fund us.

It is okay keeping an open mind but I am seeing red flags all over the place and he hasn't even taken over yet.

This isn't me trying to be negative or overcritical, clubs have died through bad owners and I am very skeptical about this guy to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Good job picking out only the negative parts, rather than the part where it says the club remain confident that the last remaining obstacles will be cleared and the takeover will proceed as planned...

Isn't the issue here that he is not paying his relatively modest bills in the first place, doesn't that make you think it's actually not a positive that this takeover will proceed as planned?

So if Mel sells to this Arab fella and we then find out that the bloke is skint or a law firm will claim against his assets ( Derby being one). Who will get slated more, the new owner for all his bull, or Mel for selling even though people have been slagging him off and demanding he sold the club? 

32 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

I agree with you.  I don't think it is happening for some reason and I also agree with you that Morris' conduct is now unacceptable.  He should say something.  The fans deserve answers.  We deserve better than we are getting

I know there are a lot of Morris supporters on here, but I truly believe his actions of late have fallen below the standards of an owner and Director of the club.

^^^ NOT This ^^^

Mel won't sell us unless it's right for us - as well as him.  He strikes me as a very honourable man that has done so much good for the overall club and community that it would be totally out of character - unless there is something compelling him to sell regardless?.....

Archived