Abu Derby County

tinman

10 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Don’t think it’s necessarily an indication that Derventio are broke if they’re trying to avoid paying money for legal work on a bid that failed.

Not a good look at all, clearly people need to be paid for their work regardless but it could just as likely be general stinginess as not having the 500k.

Drawing conclusions from an unpaid legal bill is hysterical speculation  Sorry

Steve Nicholson, trusted by the club, itk  and whose media skills exceed Rooney’s by a country mile, has made a statement that will no doubt have been sanctioned by MM. Calm down 

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I know for a fact that if I sat and read some of the things people have posted about Mel on here and on social media, I'd be tempted to sell to anyone that could pay what I want and then give a 2 fingered salute to the fans on the way out. 

He is entitled to do that, I presume you mean personal abuse ?

22 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Non taken.

... But my question remains unanswered.

Does the lead singer in a band need to be able to play an instrument?  NO
Does a football manager need to be able to play the game?  NO but it helps
Does the owner of a bakery need to know how to make pastry? See above ref Manager
Does a pilot need to know how to fly a plane? Absolutely
Does a Colonel need to know how to fry chicken? He should because his chicken is poo.

Oh... erm... sorry... got carried away!

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

I agree with you.  I don't think it is happening for some reason and I also agree with you that Morris' conduct is now unacceptable.  He should say something.  The fans deserve answers.  We deserve better than we are getting

I know there are a lot of Morris supporters on here, but I truly believe his actions of late have fallen below the standards of an owner and Director of the club.

I truly hope I am proven wrong in all that I have said

The thing is, none of us really know what is happening. Therefore, in the absence of such knowledge, to describe Mel's conduct as unacceptable and demand answers because the fans "deserve answers" is ridiculous.

There is a counter argument that Mel is behaving exactly in line with the standards you'd expect of an owner/director. If he started talking publicly about how negotiations are progressing you could consider that to be reckless if it affects the outcome.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If all is eventually concluded to our satisfaction all will be well. If it turns out that the sale has already collapsed and Mel hasn't told us (I can't see why that would be the case - what has he got to gain?) then that's a different story. But, none of us have a time machine so, until something is announced either way, we probably need to stay calm and keep our powder dry regarding any criticism. 

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Any actual proof for that statement Coconut , pretty strong thing to say if not .

For a start they owe a law firm more than £500,000 for work it did on their failed attempt to buy Newcastle United last year & that company are having to take them to court to reclaim it

I mean...  hello?

42 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

Can you show me one factual bit of data that suggests he has enough money to buy us, let alone fund us.

It is okay keeping an open mind but I am seeing red flags all over the place and he hasn't even taken over yet.

This isn't me trying to be negative or overcritical, clubs have died through bad owners and I am very skeptical about this guy to say the least.

The guy is a mystery and I can see why that would show as red flags, but there is also no factual data out there to say he hasn't got any money. Can you find an article that says he has no money or funding?

His business portfolio is pretty impressive, and whilst his investments may not be household names to us, it says that he must know how to do business pretty well. Of course they will probably be hiding some investments that didn't work out too, we just don't know.

I'm not going to judge one way or another just yet. There's nothing I can do to help things along or stop things happening. Just strap in and get ready for some sort of ride. It might break down, it might spectacularly explode on take off, or it might just be the best damn roller coaster in the world!

In my opinion your posts do seem negative and critical, but I respect you have your opinion too. The club is divided at the moment, we have fans supporting the takeover and those against. Fans supporting the interim manager and those hoping he fails so they can get in a manager that not everyone will agree on also. We have players across the squad that are "marmite". We just need to respect each others opinions a bit more and not shout each other down, but have a rational and reasonable discussion and understand there are multiple sides to every story. 

From the athletic story it doesn't look good from mels part if the story is to be true. 30 million debt from the loan that the new owner will have to take on  20 million annual losses every year. The new owner won't own the stadium. In a relegation scrap. Even i would wonder why anyone would buy us i certainly wouldn't looking at that. Probably no wonder in the summer we couldn't do much business and if it doesn't go through in January we won't do much again so will have to battle with what we have. 

Mels certainly selling us in bad shape if that athletic story is true 

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

..or to rejoice, if you don't want this dodgy bunch of shyster bamfords anywhere near the club.

Unfortunately if it does collapse we'd be left with an increasingly desperate owner running out of options, and who knows who he'll turn to next?

I’m not sure whether they are a dodgy bunch of shyster bamfords or not........never dealt with them!

39 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Anyone who’s had to deal with Due Diligence will know it takes flipping ages.

Imagine that multiplied by foreign investors, foreign lenders, right and proper ownership, the EFL and....

bloody solicitors!!!

There are projects within projects.

If it hadn’t taken a long time I would have been worried.

Even allowing for these complications, I doubt it takes this long. DD will have been started as soon as the bidders outline offer was accepted, assuming they were granted exclusivity at this stage, which is what happened in my experience (admittedly only 3 deals, but still).  

24 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Any actual proof for that statement Coconut , pretty strong thing to say if not .

Indeed facts are needed and an objective look at them required.

they could well be a bunch of bamfords.........however the EFL have launched several sorties against our club, does that make us a bunch of dodgy shyster bamfords?

4 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Even allowing for these complications, I doubt it takes this long. DD will have been started as soon as the bidders outline offer was accepted, assuming they were granted exclusivity at this stage, which is what happened in my experience (admittedly only 3 deals, but still).  

No way MM would have announced subject to material diligence imo . He is not a fool

what takes time is dealing with third parties most of whom can’t be approached until after announcement.  You can’t control how quickly third parties move 

9 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Indeed facts are needed and an objective look at them required.

they could well be a bunch of bamfords.........however the EFL have launched several sorties against our club, does that make us a bunch of dodgy shyster bamfords?

Errrrrr.. 

Archived