Abu Derby County

tinman

Just now, RedSox said:

Mel won't sell us unless it's right for us - as well as him.  He strikes me as a very honourable man that has done so much good for the overall club and community that it would be totally out of character - unless there is something compelling him to sell regardless?.....

This is always said but not sure I believe it. We are in a terrible position, a club bleeding money, he has no future here and an offer is on the table - he is going to take it whether it's the Queen or Del Boy.

Money is money

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RedSox said:

Mel won't sell us unless it's right for us - as well as him.  He strikes me as a very honourable man that has done so much good for the overall club and community that it would be totally out of character - unless there is something compelling him to sell regardless?.....

Thousands of Derby fans baying for blood and demanding he leaves the club immediately will do it.

We may just get what we deserve as a bunch of fans shortly...

Just now, wollatonram said:

This is always said but not sure I believe it. We are in a terrible position, a club bleeding money, he has no future here and an offer is on the table - he is going to take it whether it's the Queen or Del Boy.

Money is money

But if he is still on the TImes Top 500 wealthy list, then money is important but not his primary driver.  I think/hope it's more to do with being up against the FFP wall and needing to source funding / sponsors to help take us forward.  

2 minutes ago, RedSox said:

I know for a fact that if I sat and read some of the things people have posted about Mel on here and on social media, I'd be tempted to sell to anyone that could pay what I want and then give a 2 fingered salute to the fans on the way out. 

4 minutes ago, RedSox said:

But if he is still on the TImes Top 500 wealthy list, then money is important but not his primary driver.  I think/hope it's more to do with being up against the FFP wall and needing to source funding / sponsors to help take us forward.  

Can you show me the list?

Don’t think it’s necessarily an indication that Derventio are broke if they’re trying to avoid paying money for legal work on a bid that failed.

Not a good look at all, clearly people need to be paid for their work regardless but it could just as likely be general stinginess as not having the 500k.

Also there is no ducking doubt that this story has been purposely leaked by the law firm in an effort to build pressure on Derventio, I really doubt it was Matt Slater ringing the law firm. 

But this takeover is getting less and less appealing by the day. My gut says this ownership won’t be anywhere like Man City’s but hopefully not a Fawaz-type shambles. A healthy middle ground would be nice.

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

Don’t think it’s necessarily an indication that Derventio are broke if they’re trying to avoid paying money for legal work on a bid that failed.

Not a good look at all, clearly people need to be paid for their work regardless but it could just as likely be general stinginess as not having the 500k.

Also there is no ducking doubt that this story has been purposely leaked by the law firm in an effort to build pressure on Derventio, I really doubt it was Matt Slater ringing the law firm. 

But this takeover is getting less and less appealing by the day. My gut says this ownership won’t be anywhere like Man City’s but hopefully not a Fawaz-type shambles. A healthy middle ground would be nice.

exactly, this is the bottom line.

It is not about one thing or the other, the takeover just has too many red flags to convince me this is going to be a positive move for Derby.

Anyone who’s had to deal with Due Diligence will know it takes flipping ages.

Imagine that multiplied by foreign investors, foreign lenders, right and proper ownership, the EFL and....

bloody solicitors!!!

There are projects within projects.

If it hadn’t taken a long time I would have been worried.

2 minutes ago, wollatonram said:

Does he need to have money??? ?

Come on guys, pull your heads out the sand here (no offence)

Non taken.

... But my question remains unanswered.

Does the lead singer in a band need to be able to play an instrument?
Does a football manager need to be able to play the game?
Does the owner of a bakery need to know how to make pastry?
Does a pilot need to know how to fly a plane?
Does a Colonel need to know how to fry chicken?

Oh... erm... sorry... got carried away!

24 minutes ago, Bubbles said:

Good job picking out only the negative parts, rather than the part where it says the club remain confident that the last remaining obstacles will be cleared and the takeover will proceed as planned...

Steve Nicholson had already tweeted that info, didn't see the point in repeating it.

Archived