Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the wife went to the pub with her mates and she voluntarily rang you to say she would be home very soon, would you start to think something might be amiss on day 42 if she hadnt shown up?

My wife or your wife?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My wife went to the shops 3 weeks back for some cling film, she is expected to walk through the door imminently.

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I just want to know where this estranged wife with a fetish for cling film is.  She sounds really lovely!  

Whenever I unexpectedly read about clingfilm I'm reminded of one of the strangest websites that ever was, populated only with tales of Roy Orbison being wrapped in clingfilm. Perhaps you want to read it to  distract yourselves from takeover talk? But if you do, you enter at your own risk:

https://roy-inclingfilm.livejournal.com/?skip=40

5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If the wife went to the pub with her mates and she voluntarily rang you to say she would be home very soon, would you start to think something might be amiss on day 42 if she hadnt shown up?

That's a ridiculous thing to say, no one's been allowed in pubs in the past 42 days ?

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

That's a ridiculous thing to say, no one's been allowed in pubs in the past 42 days ?

That's because you're all living in plague infested Tier 3 land, where death and pestilence stalk the land. 

I was in our local yesterday for a cheese and pickle sandwich plus bottle of Wadworth old timer..... ?

7 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

To say they could present a sales value from 2020, following the global economy taking a battering, as new evidence for the valuation at 2018 is plain wrong. 

You are assuming that a professional value at today would provide the same value as in 2018, it wouldn't. 

As an asset in 2018, Pride Park Stadium would have generated £x ex million, in 2020 it is currently generating £0 and therefore is less valuable to any investor.

Its really very basic stuff.

It's worth bearing in mind that as Mel was a related party, the valuation had to be credible.

That requirement isn't there for unrelated parties, Mel can sell the stadium for whatever price he wants if he's no longer involved in the football club ownership.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Whenever I unexpectedly read about clingfilm I'm reminded of one of the strangest websites that ever was, populated only with tales of Roy Orbison being wrapped in clingfilm. Perhaps you want to read it to  distract yourselves from takeover talk? But if you do, you enter at your own risk:

https://roy-inclingfilm.livejournal.com/?skip=40

Dare I ask, Mr Sagan, what Google search terms you were using when you 'happened across' said site? ?

11 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Agreed, there isn't. But if the stadium were sold there would be. The EFL rules do not limit the evidence which can be used to verify that a transaction was made to a 'fair value'. They specifically assert their rights to revisit past rulings. 

As I've said previously, I don't believe that they will revisit the stadium ruling as the transaction will be configured in such a way as to support the 2018 valuation. But to say that it's impossible is just plain wrong.

If Mel decided to sell the ground to the Sheikh for £1, do you think the EFL will then claim that should have been the actual value in 2018?

What about another scenario where the Sheikh buys the club for £1 and the ground for £80m. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

If Mel decided to sell the ground to the Sheikh for £1, do you think the EFL will then claim that should have been the actual value in 2018?

What about another scenario where the Sheikh buys the club for £1 and the ground for £80m. 

Any price is acceptable as long as the transaction is between unrelated parties.

The EFL action was only possible because the owner of the club sold the stadium to himself, so had to be at a fair price.

If the new owners buy the club outright, and Mel isn't part of the ownership, he can sell the stadium for whatever he wishes.

10 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

So the EFL have got us/Mel by the short and curly's !!  They know Mel is desperate to sell and that we desperately need a striker so will probably do all they can to delay the appeal decision

maybe this is the issue (though Owenitk says not). If it is, the solution is the new owner goes to the EFL, says MM is history let's put it all behind us, and agrees a fine 

4 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Dare I ask, Mr Sagan, what Google search terms you were using when you 'happened across' said site? ?

Ha! This is a much later incarnation of a site from the 1990s. I was working for a computing publisher and a couple of assistants were investigating the Web and stumbled upon it. That's my story (and theirs) and we're sticking to it! Absolutely no one ended up wrapped in clingfilm after hours in the office... ?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Ha! This is a much later incarnation of a site from the 1990s. I was working for a computing publisher and a couple of assistants were investigating the Web and stumbled upon it. That's my story (and theirs) and we're sticking to it! Absolutely no one ended up wrapped in clingfilm after hours in the office... ?

You're secret is safe with... well, about 3,000 of us! ?

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

The beginning of another week and you can guarantee by the end of it there will be a total silence coming from Pride Park, and the saga drags on yet again. 

And you can guarantee a whole host of posters will be going into meltdown by the day, by the hour, by the minute. 

Archived