Abu Derby County

tinman

2 hours ago, ziggyram59 said:

The beginning of another week and you can guarantee by the end of it there will be a total silence coming from Pride Park, and the saga drags on yet again. 

As far as we are aware there is no saga though.

The only people that seem to want to make it saga are the posters who have convinced themselves the takeover should have already happened and therefore there must be a problem.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As far as we are aware there is no saga though.

The only people that seem to want to make it saga are the posters who have convinced themselves the takeover should have already happened and therefore there must be a problem.

It is a saga when week after week it as supposed to have happened in 24/48 hours or deal is very imminent etc. For that I blame the media if there was nothing to report they should have kept quiet instead SKY blew up to be the greatest takeover since Man City were taken over.

48 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

It is a saga when week after week it as supposed to have happened in 24/48 hours or deal is very imminent etc. For that I blame the media if there was nothing to report they should have kept quiet instead SKY blew up to be the greatest takeover since Man City were taken over.

Well if you're going to listen to the media and let them convince you its a saga, once again that is your own fault.

At no point in time have the club said that a deai is imminent or going to be happening in the next 24/48 hours.

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well if you're going to listen to the media and let them convince you its a saga, once again that is your own fault.

At no point in time have the club said that a deai is imminent or going to be happening in the next 24/48 hours.

Not that it bothers me that the deal is taking longer, but isn't that exactly what Rooney did say ?

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Championship clash against Coventry City, Rooney - the Rams interim manager - said: "I'm echoing what I said on Friday, I believe it's really close. 

"I'm hoping in the next 24 hours or 48 hours there will be a completion on a takeover.

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or that it's the greatest takeover since Man City.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

I’d imagine most have the panic has been caused by the fact somebody at the club obviously briefed Rooney that it was nearly done or he wouldn’t have said it. For 2 weeks to pass and still not takeover something must have changed, WR has pretty much stopped fielding questions on it as well.

2 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

... but please at least explain your thinking rammieib,  

Rich people don't get rich by offering to pay fines when nothing has been done wrong, especially so when it wasn't under their watch. They don't give money away for free.

For those of you arguing whether this is a "saga" you do know that a saga is just a story right? Anything can be a saga - it doesn't have to be a lengthy tale or even include any catastrophes. The stories some of you are making up in your head would make an entertaining tale I suppose, but in reality we don't know a great deal and nor are we entitled to.

2 hours ago, BIllyD said:

Not that it bothers me that the deal is taking longer, but isn't that exactly what Rooney did say ?

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of the Championship clash against Coventry City, Rooney - the Rams interim manager - said: "I'm echoing what I said on Friday, I believe it's really close. 

"I'm hoping in the next 24 hours or 48 hours there will be a completion on a takeover.

Yeah and I’m hoping that in the next 24 hours or 48 hours, I’ll wake up and Margot Robbie will be lying in bed next to me.

Doesn’t mean I’m saying that it will definitely happen in 24 to 48 hours, though. More likely a week or so.

2 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Yeah and I’m hoping that in the next 24 hours or 48 hours, I’ll wake up and Margot Robbie will be lying in bed next to me.

Doesn’t mean I’m saying that it will definitely happen in 24 to 48 hours, though. More likely a week or so.

I'm sure you do, not sure what relevance that has to my post though ? 

She’s not finished clearing up here.

Not impressed with her hoovering.

You quoted Rooney as hoping it would be completed in 24 to 48 hours. I’m sure he did hope that but it is not him expressly saying it would be the case

That was a response to an earlier quote though about nothing having come out of the club in regards to timelines, nothing around why it has or hasn't been done, I don't really have a view on that.

Archived