Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Asheville Ram said:

The only thing that could hold up the deal for this length of time is the lack of a payment. 

No it isn't. There a are a million, billion reasons why such a deal of this complexity is taking so long. They aren't just buying a bag of chips at the local takeaway here.

It would be just our luck if, on the day when the paperwork was due to be signed, that Mel gets out of his car, his glasses steam up due to him wearing a mask, whereupon he trips over a stray cat resulting in serious injury to himself. 
Meanwhile, the said important papers clutched in his hand are let go, are blown in a terrific gust of wind towards the Derby Arena and end up in the Raynesway incinerator. 

3 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Ed Dawes, with all the wisdom of Barry the Ram, has just said that he thinks the reason the takeover hasn't gone through is because of the EFL appeal against us.

He's referencing a conversation he had with Mel Morris about the appeal coming up.

No logic to that suggestion by Ed Dawes. The prospective owners knew about the pending appeal prior to the announcement that they were taking ownership of DCFC subject to EFL ratification.

Hypothetically, If they are considering that the outcome of an appeal changes things, one might draw the conclusion that the new owners have perhaps got cold feet over the deal. 

Good of Owen to clarify. Anything he says I would believe over anyone. 

What kind of media do we have that the local radio say one thing and the local paper say another.

Surely they should all be singing off the same hymn sheet?

It's no wonder fans don't take what they say seriously or question everything. Because it's so conflicting.

My understanding is that a points deduction is still possible, but it is likely to be a small one if it happens. In a normal season it wouldn't be too much of a problem. The irony is that the paralysis caused by the takeover is costing far more points than the potential EFL punishment. 

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good of Owen to clarify. Anything he says I would believe over anyone. 

What kind of media do we have that the local radio say one thing and the local paper say another.

Surely they should all be singing off the same hymn sheet?

It's no wonder fans don't take what they say seriously or question everything. Because it's so conflicting.

Why should they all be saying the same thing? - they report what they know or what they suspect. In the case of RD or the DET, neither seems to have an inside track at the club anymore so they’re flying blind until the club makes an announcement....

6 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My understanding is that a points deduction is still possible, but it is likely to be a small one if it happens. In a normal season it wouldn't be too much of a problem. The irony is that the paralysis caused by the takeover is costing far more points than the potential EFL punishment. 

We've already deducted 12 points ourselves to save the EFL the job.

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Where do you get the understanding regarding the points deduction from?

I’m not even sure what the basis of the appeal is as the previous hearing found we’d acted within the rules but simply hasn’t made it clear enough in the accounts - unless they’re hoping to retrospectively change the rules and then hold us to account under the changed version (which I suspect would be extremely dodgy if taken to court) then it’s hard to see what any punishment could be other than a polite telling off.....

Archived