Abu Derby County

tinman

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Good of Owen to clarify. Anything he says I would believe over anyone. 

What kind of media do we have that the local radio say one thing and the local paper say another.

Surely they should all be singing off the same hymn sheet?

It's no wonder fans don't take what they say seriously or question everything. Because it's so conflicting.

Ed always says he’s spoke to Mel about it, strange he’s spoke to Mel but still doesn’t have a clue ?

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My understanding is that a points deduction is still possible, but it is likely to be a small one if it happens. In a normal season it wouldn't be too much of a problem. The irony is that the paralysis caused by the takeover is costing far more points than the potential EFL punishment. 

I just cant see how they could give us a points deduction.

The report from the original hearing absolutely slaughtered the EFL, the only thing we were found to have done remotely wrong, was that we didnt make it clear how we were doing our accounting, not that the accounting method was wrong.

28 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I’m not even sure what the basis of the appeal is as the previous hearing found we’d acted within the rules but simply hasn’t made it clear enough in the accounts

EFL is (still) saying we inflated profits, not because of the stadium deal, but because we did not sufficiently write down (amortise) players' values in the accounts as their contracts ran off.  But this was known to the Sheikh when the announcement was made so why would this cause delay? Anyway, Owen has told us it's not the reason.

19 minutes ago, Topram said:

Ed always says he’s spoke to Mel about it, strange he’s spoke to Mel but still doesn’t have a clue ?

Well that's the thing that got me excited about the takeover originally, I'm sure Ed said on the day of the Bournemouth game that he had spoken to Mel and we were looking at a big takeover worth billions (or words to that effect).

Hope he wasn't yanking my chain.

57 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

My understanding is that a points deduction is still possible, but it is likely to be a small one if it happens. In a normal season it wouldn't be too much of a problem. The irony is that the paralysis caused by the takeover is costing far more points than the potential EFL punishment. 

You’re right it would be a small one. We haven’t got many points to deduct ??

Fundamental misunderstanding on the appeal. The EFL are not appealing the part of the amortisation charge which we were found guilty of, but those parts that we weren't. The 'slap on the wrist' would have come if there'd been no appeal. If the appeal is successful they can punish us for the full charge, ie failing FFP and attempting to cover it up.

8 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Fundamental misunderstanding on the appeal. The EFL are not appealing the part of the amortisation charge which we were found guilty of, but those parts that we weren't. The 'slap on the wrist' would have come if there'd been no appeal. If the appeal is successful they can punish us for the full charge, ie failing FFP and attempting to cover it up.

That’s not what was reported at the time the appeal was announced - which is why so many of us can’t get our heads round the point of the appeal......

9 hours ago, Ramos said:

You’re right it would be a small one. We haven’t got many points to deduct ??

Oh, so it's all been a cunning plan? ?

Once the EFL's appeal has gone through and the final decision taken we'll see the real Rams, rather than the lambs to the slaughter we've witnessed so far this season? Wish I'd known - I've spent a bloody fortune on what has been inaccurately described as football so far this season! ?

20 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

That’s not what was reported at the time the appeal was announced - which is why so many of us can’t get our heads round the point of the appeal......

If you look back at the reporting, I think what you are referring to is the club statement, rather than the EFL appeal. The club effectively said that the appeal is ridiculous as it will just mean a minor adjustment of the figures if it succeeds, ie redoing them using straight line amortisation. 

Even if that's the case, the implication is that we could fail FFP for the seasons involved, but by less than if the stadium charge had been accepted. Hence we could still get a points deduction, but a far smaller one than the possible 23 point max. I reckon something close to the Shef Wed 6 points is likely if found guilty and the new figures failing FFP.

11 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I understood it was the amortisation judgement that they appealed. I also thought that the judgement was a bit weak on that one charge. From memory it boiled down to whether we had a systematic process. The judgement was that we probably did but that we hadn’t evidenced it. That seemed a bit charitable. 

16 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Wouldnt be black Friday mate, apparently the whole of Arabia shuts down at the weekend, might explain why Lawrence is so crap every Saturday.

I think he must have been waiting for Cyber Monday.

Lawrence of Arabia? Might explain the frequent charges straight into defenders

Archived