Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Half Fan Half Biscuit said:

The (late) filing of a confirmation statement with no updates for The Derby County Football Club?

Not much to get excited about there I'm sorry to say.

Nice one I saw it on Twitter so put it in

19 hours ago, Derbados said:

My bet is snow 

Can’t possibly be expected to continue the negotiations if it snows in Chesterfield

thats how ludicrous this whole saga has got 

Come on ,be fair ,it’s not snow ,,,,,,, it’s the wrong type of snow

43 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Everyday seems to be a bank holiday. At least when we miss out on transfer targets they can say it was due to a bank holiday 

always a bank hol somewhere, today and tomorrow in Spain, perhaps he is in Marbella?

2 hours ago, James Pond said:

At least we have an answer to a bizarre thread from last week.

It's also strange that it's come after an out of work manager apparently recently visited.

On 07/11/2020 at 16:51, SouthStandDan said:

Spotted in Zan Fish

D3ReBcZ.jpg

40 minutes ago, 66DegreesNorth said:

Quite interesting that he refers to ‘loan repayments’. The lease payments the club makes for the stadium probably tie into the repayments that the owner of the stadium makes to Dell. So maybe the idea is to reduce the lease payments to reduce FFP pressure off the club. If this is what they are doing Dell would need to reschedule the loan repayments. Could take Dell a while to get internal approvals for this and for the change of control. 

59 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Not for some of us today ?

really.  There was a local day on Thursday and today and tomorrow are BH.  be easier to say when they are open!

Perhaps our new investor moves to different locations to get the benefits of such days

51 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hugely unprofessional and cant imagine Rooney is happy that he was allowed, on his first or second press conference as a sole manager, to give a confident update on the takeover that wasn't accurate.

Rooney has since said something to the effect of "it needs sorting" and now he is joking about it in the media.

I get the impression he is having the same sort of thoughts as the fans, as in, is it actually really going to happen.

For me, all eyes are on the Burnley takeover and how swiftly that is resolved compared to ours.

4 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

BREAKING NEWS.

finally read all 198 pages and can confirm quite categorically that nobody knows some thing, some body knows nothing and we are all clueless .

Here's to the next 198 pages ?

You read all 198? Stuff that I read 1 or 2 pages back if that ?

6 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

To me, no official word from the club about the process is bad bad news.

Something has obviously gone wrong with the deal, not saying it's terminal but if rooneys been told 24/48h and its not happened then something is up. 

I think it would take an eternal optimist to think everything is hunky dory with the deal.

Think about it, Rooney is in direct contact with Mel, he will know exactly what is going on. If the official line was "the takeover will definitely happen, have patience, its coming", I'm sure Rooney would say something fairly similar in his interviews, which to be fair he was last week.

If he was still saying the same now all well and good, but he has clearly changed his stance. It's easy to sense his frustration.

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

You read all 198? Stuff that I read 1 or 2 pages back if that ?

True fan you see? wouldn't be doing justice to all the forum members unless I was to wade through approx 176 pages of drivel to eventually get an uninformed consensus of opinion?

Even worse the fact we got rid of cocu in an agreement with the new owners so say 2 million pay out and then we have hired steve mac for them to walk away would be like going on a night out with a really good looking girl to wake up in the morning and she's a munt. No-one will ever let then near buying a club again and we will be in deep trouble in which Rooney will be manager till end of season 

Archived