Abu Derby County

tinman

27 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I understood it was the amortisation judgement that they appealed. I also thought that the judgement was a bit weak on that one charge. From memory it boiled down to whether we had a systematic process. The judgement was that we probably did but that we hadn’t evidenced it. That seemed a bit charitable. 

I thought it was more about the extent to which we had clearly disclosed the change in our amortisation approach within the accounts. It was in there but from the language in the judgement it seemed that it was "inferred" rather than made absolutely explicit.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hector was the best said:

At what point do we say this deal is dead ?? and then get on with the rest of our lives.

If we did that we’d only have to find some other speculation or ongoing saga to create a thread about and “demand” answers from the club because we “have a right to know” exactly what’s going on right now.

11 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Fundamental misunderstanding on the appeal. The EFL are not appealing the part of the amortisation charge which we were found guilty of, but those parts that we weren't. The 'slap on the wrist' would have come if there'd been no appeal. If the appeal is successful they can punish us for the full charge, ie failing FFP and attempting to cover it up.

Not correct for that to happen they would need to raise a whole new case. They are appealing the not guilty decision on the amortisation policy. 

The panel declared that it was not against the rules to use it has it is a recognised way of accounting however they did say maybe it had not been declared clearly that is what we were doing so no charge to answer. 

The EFL are appealing that decision and the club and it's lawyer think it is laughable and are uber confidant that it will embarassing for the EFL. 

3 hours ago, 1967Ram said:

Oh, so it's all been a cunning plan? ?

Once the EFL's appeal has gone through and the final decision taken we'll see the real Rams, rather than the lambs to the slaughter we've witnessed so far this season? Wish I'd known - I've spent a bloody fortune on what has been inaccurately described as football so far this season! ?

Exactly. They can’t deduct the points we don’t have. 

381D05B5-7A19-49B1-8781-23699F284F6C.jpeg.d2580f97fb6179ac6aa586dfc3d050d6.jpeg

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I thought it was more about the extent to which we had clearly disclosed the change in our amortisation approach within the accounts. It was in there but from the language in the judgement it seemed that it was "inferred" rather than made absolutely explicit.

I think we offered no evidence at the hearing to support our argument. Nothing was minuted and there were scant records?

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Not correct for that to happen they would need to raise a whole new case. They are appealing the not guilty decision on the amortisation policy

The panel declared that it was not against the rules to use it has it is a recognised way of accounting however they did say maybe it had not been declared clearly that is what we were doing so no charge to answer. 

The EFL are appealing that decision and the club and it's lawyer think it is laughable and are uber confidant that it will embarassing for the EFL. 

That's what I said???? The point is if we're found guilty it could be a breach of FFP if the numbers no longer add up and that could be a points deduction. 

It would potenttially make sense for them to appeal that part of the charge if they simply want to then use the judgement to change the rules going forward (though I would have thought they could have done that anyway) - however if what we did was legal and within the rules (and don't forget they signed off our accounts during the period in question) then I don't see how they can retrospectivly punish us as that would be going against all accepted legal precedent....

18 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I understood it was the amortisation judgement that they appealed. I also thought that the judgement was a bit weak on that one charge. From memory it boiled down to whether we had a systematic process. The judgement was that we probably did but that we hadn’t evidenced it. That seemed a bit charitable. 

Isn't the burden of proof on the EFL because it was them that charged us with wrongdoing? So it's for them to prove their case against us, not the other way around?

I thought it was their case that appeared rather (pardon the pun) woolly.

27 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

Isn't the burden of proof on the EFL because it was them that charged us with wrongdoing? So it's for them to prove their case against us, not the other way around?

Innocent until proven guilty you say??

Mmmmmm..........?

Nope will never catch on in the Gibson court of law.....?

31 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

The burden of proof is definitely on them because they are bringing the appeal if nothing else, supposedly because they have new information to support their case. 

21 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Well, that's what I'll be doing, to be fair. 
OK, I'll probably find other stuff to do whilst I wait, so I won't exactly be sat pulling out my eye lashes one by one to lessen the pain of waiting.

If I'm honest, I'm rather intrigued... assuming you are not prepared to wait, what exactly is your plan?  

At the end of the day Mucker1884 I'm like you a passionate Derby fan who wants the best for his club, maybe unlike you I'm impatient about it because the longer it drags on the worse it leaves our club. So like you I will just have to wait and not let it get to me, on another note delighted that we have gone to Millwall and won 1-0 nice to see something positive about the club, hope that answers your question. 

29 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

At the end of the day Mucker1884 I'm like you a passionate Derby fan who wants the best for his club, maybe unlike you I'm impatient about it because the longer it drags on the worse it leaves our club. So like you I will just have to wait and not let it get to me, on another note delighted that we have gone to Millwall and won 1-0 nice to see something positive about the club, hope that answers your question. 

You really didn't have to answer my question.  It wasn't that type of question, but thanks anyway. 

You're welcome to sit next to me in the waiting room, if you wish.  Wayne has just been in, twiddled with some knobs, and somehow managed to get the heating fixed!  What a guy!  

?

Big win that today. Nice to be in a good mood on a Saturday night. Few beers and a takeaway I think.  Now let’s get this takeover sorted early in the week, preferably before the Brentford game. Morale will be high and get a result down there. 

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

You really didn't have to answer my question.  It wasn't that type of question, but thanks anyway. 

You're welcome to sit next to me in the waiting room, if you wish.  Wayne has just been in, twiddled with some knobs, and somehow managed to get the heating fixed!  What a guy!  

?

Mucker1884 good job I'm not in politics I'd be useless. 

Archived