Abu Derby County

tinman

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think there is quite a bit of difference between rational concern and worry that this will fall through, and coming on this thread daily to state that it categorically isn't happening, getting your knickers in a twist in the process.

Just sit back and wait. 99% of us want this to happen, and crying to yourself on a forum isn't going to speed up the process in any way.

At the end of the day its a forum - people can put whatever they like on it - your choice to read or ignore

I just happened upon a question and answer with Steve Nicholson from 17th November, over 2 weeks ago, he gave an answer saying "I'm told the takeover could be completed within a week", that was 16 days ago.

One would assume his source for that update was someone at the club, so they must have been very confident the deal was close, same with Rooney last Thursday and then again on Monday.

Something is clearly holding the deal up and it cant always be a Friday or National Sandlovers Day.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I just happened upon a question and answer with Steve Nicholson from 17th November, over 2 weeks ago, he gave an answer saying "I'm told the takeover could be completed within a week", that was 16 days ago.

One would assume his source for that update was someone at the club, so they must have been very confident the deal was close, same with Rooney last Thursday and then again on Monday.

Something is clearly holding the deal up and it cant always be a Friday or National Sandlovers Day.

The only thing that could hold up the deal for this length of time is the lack of a payment. the prospective buyer has form on that.

8 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

The only thing that could hold up the deal for this length of time is the lack of a payment. the prospective buyer has form on that.

Mel may have read your recent post, and decided that he can perhaps get better value from a piecemeal sale of assets. I have put in a £10 offer for Tom Lawrence, and I am prepared to pay another £50 if I can have him stuffed.

13 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

One would assume his source for that update was someone at the club, so they must have been very confident the deal was close, same with Rooney last Thursday and then again 

Knowing the way the DET operates these days, the source is just as likely to have been someone on this forum.

39 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Think they were waiting for black Friday in the hope of getting  a discount? unfortunately never materialised so waiting till January when the club will be a year older and can  renegotiate  ???????????

Archived