Max Lowe

QuitYourJibbaJivin

Is it just me who has never been impressed by Max Lowe as a player? I was really surprised Sheffield United took him. I always found he was one of those players that always flattered to deceive. He has the physical attributes to be good and is nice on the ball but defensively he's always looked extremely suspect and isn't good enough to be a winger. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Is it just me who has never been impressed by Max Lowe as a player? I was really surprised Sheffield United took him. I always found he was one of those players that always flattered to deceive. He has the physical attributes to be good and is nice on the ball but defensively he's always looked extremely suspect and isn't good enough to be a winger. 

Totally agree. I think we have two better left backs on our books than him.

Always liable to get done on the back post and his concentration in these situations is poor. I think Buchanan struggles a bit in these situations also but am confident that he will learn and he is a good few years younger.

I know a Sheff Utd fan and he is less than impressed. Still, he got his move so good luck to him.

19 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Their recruitment does look like they are planning for next season in the Championship.

They were never committed to becoming a Premier League side. Premier League standard footballers demand Premier League standard wages and they were never in the market to pay it. Brewster has been their one Premier League signing and he's disappointed, but I'd still argue that he's a good long-term investment. He was a cut above this level last season for Swansea. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, David said:

Just very inconsistent in his performances. Best move for him would be back up to Aberdeen, get a couple of seasons under his belt and mature as a player.

They love him up there.

If he goes to Forest, I’d not be at all surprised if he doesn’t end up being the level of Kieron Freeman eventually. Nothing at all against Max, but I predict similarities will unfold.

Don't know about anyone else, but I do always find it disappointing when a former Derby player joins the Red Dogs, not least an academy graduate. I understand the decision, though, he needs to be getting games at his age, and he's not getting them at Sheffield United.