Live football thread.

Rev

20 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

This leaving your leg in the way to make it look like a trip is everything that is wrong with football.

I think the worst part is that along with diving, it isn’t instinctive so it evidently must be trained.

But you can see why players do it. The reward far outweighs any potential punishment, which in most cases the harshest being a yellow card where 95% of the time they go unpunished. 

19 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich.

Rio Ferdinand Says...Bucayo Saca should have had a penalty in the dyeing seconds.

Ian Wright says...Bucayo Saca shouldn't have had a penalty in the dyeing seconds.

Ram-Alf says...Bucayo Saca knew full well what he was doing...by sticking his left leg into Neuers legs in the hope he would get a penalty, Referee never fell for it...neither did I 👌

Fast Forward to 3.53

Saka kicked Neuer if anything, free kick to Bayern Munich and a yellow card for Saka.

4 hours ago, Turk Thrust said:

Definitely no penalty. Saka looking for a foul there

Counter argument. So Goldstein was saying that a referee told him that the litmus test was, if Neuer was Saka’s baby, could he have got out of the way rather then kicking him?

The answer maybe yes, but at the speed he was going, it’s not up to saka to try to avoid contact and possibly contort himself in an unnatural way to hurdle Neuer. Neuer was on a trajectory to make contact, and got no where near the ball. Saka shouldn’t have to do him any favours to try to avoid the contact.

the mistake Saka made, if anything, was sticking his leg out. If he’d just kept running straight, Neuer would’ve taken him out.

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

the mistake Saka made, if anything, was sticking his leg out. If he’d just kept running straight, Neuer would’ve taken him out.

Guilty as charged 😁

44 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Nice of Liverpool to supply Atalanta with 11 cones and their own stadium to do some midweek training in England.

Derby gave Forest a load of cones once to use in training.

The cones won 3-0.

On 09/04/2024 at 08:32, Grumpy Git said:

I've had a bigger fight taking off my underpants after a day on the beer.

Juergen Flopp your boys took one hell of a beating

Canadian Lol GIF

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Man United are so crap!!

im glad Newcastle have caught them. They e been in a false position for ages with people wondering if they can catch Tottenham and villa. No! Of course they f****** can’t. They’re crap. 

even the incredibly crap Chelsea could over take them if they win their games in hand. And West Ham are only one win away from overtaking them.

they won’t even have Europa league next season at this rate, and they don’t deserve it. The points they have got have been very lucky, they should be down in the bottom half somewhere. Which is shocking for a Man Utd team. 

I don’t know why I care so much. I don’t like Man Utd at all, but it’s just shocking to see how the mighty have fallen so far. It’s strange to see such a top 4 mainstay from my youth reduced to such mediocrity.

i honestly think there’s some thing psychological there about me feeling that society peaked in the 90s and this is making me realise more and more that Those days are long gone. 

8 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Palace don't seem to be getting any decisions at Liverpool.

Very few away teams do. 

It’s a big week for Liverpool. They have a mountain to climb in Atalanta before playing 3 PL away games on the spin in a week.

Their season could seriously crumble in the next two weeks.

I had them down to win the title, but I’m edging towards Arsenal now.

City’s fixture pile up will catch up with them, especially if they go far in the CL.