Live football thread.

Rev

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Without meaning to be disrespectful, but do they do this every year?  Is there a significance of the 24th anniversary?  (It's clearly not a "traditional" landmark anniversary?).  I note they were killed on the 5th, so not an exact anniversary matchday either?  

Just curious.

Oh... and 👏 👏 for Chris and Kev.
xxx

Just a guess here Mucker but with it being on TV it gave an opportunity for the Leeds fans show their respect, As for every year...not known 🤷‍♂️

Chelsea vs man utd. what a game that was. I havent watched premier league football in a long long time as i cant stand how the games gone with possession football ( i know players are way more technical now). the end to end stuff is exciting and everything you want when you pay money to go watch a game, instead of cocu ball where you paid to watch 90 minutes of the ball being passed round our own box and then concede a goal from a mistake haahah

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Didn't watch the Utd game but I see there are a number of Rashford clips doing the rounds this morning.  Not sure he'd get in a Paul Warne Lg1 team tbh.

wouldnt he get in the derby squad cause hes a good lad? He hasnt got any facial hair unfortunately tho 

10 minutes ago, BatRam said:

wouldnt he get in the derby squad cause hes a good lad? He hasnt got any facial hair unfortunately tho 

Lets just say I'm not sure PW would ever have to sub him off because he was 'gassed out' 😛 

4 hours ago, maxjam said:

Didn't watch the Utd game but I see there are a number of Rashford clips doing the rounds this morning.  Not sure he'd get in a Paul Warne Lg1 team tbh.

It's a shame that he's probably not going to reach the ultra-elite level that he had the potential to reach. Seems like a mentality thing. He's been public about mental health issues in the past, so I hope he's well. But he'll never be considered truly elite until he finds some kind of consistency.

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

It's a shame that he's probably not going to reach the ultra-elite level that he had the potential to reach. Seems like a mentality thing. He's been public about mental health issues in the past, so I hope he's well. But he'll never be considered truly elite until he finds some kind of consistency.

I think he's fallen out of love with the game and possibly a deal of the Utd fanbase. It's a shame as when he's on it, he's almost unplayable. 

5 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

I think he's fallen out of love with the game and possibly a deal of the Utd fanbase. It's a shame as when he's on it, he's almost unplayable. 

Quite possibly. I was wondering yesterday if a move away from United might do him good. But not sure whether anyone would be willing to pay the fee United would expect and the wages he'd expect given his lack of consistency.

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Quite possibly. I was wondering yesterday if a move away from United might do him good. But not sure whether anyone would be willing to pay the fee United would expect and the wages he'd expect given his lack of consistency.

If I were his agent I'd try to find a club abroad. I think he needs a time out from the English game, but yes, I absolutely agree he has to leave Utd. He's clearly not happy there.

25 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

If I were his agent I'd try to find a club abroad. I think he needs a time out from the English game, but yes, I absolutely agree he has to leave Utd. He's clearly not happy there.

He was happy enough to sign a £350k a week contract though.

Rashford is another talented player who has a huge spotlight on him because he plays for Man Utd.

He is paid far above what his ability represents because he is at Man Utd, and he is regularly talked about as some kind of elite player because he is at Man Utd.

He is a decent player, but no better than say Raheem Sterling.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

He was happy enough to sign a £350k a week contract though.

Rashford is another talented player who has a huge spotlight on him because he plays for Man Utd.

He is paid far above what his ability represents because he is at Man Utd, and he is regularly talked about as some kind of elite player because he is at Man Utd.

He is a decent player, but no better than say Raheem Sterling.

Only 30 years since Kitson demanded 250k a year to sign for Newcastle becoming their highest earner and they said no.  Deal was off then on again .  The greedy kit headline was back on the Sun as I remember.  That's quite an inflation over 30 years.  Wonder why the games heading to oblivion.

https://m.facebook.com/chroniclenufc/photos/a.506019436077361/3736238729722066/?type=3