Live football thread.

Rev

Oh my god. I’ve say it before and I’ll keep saying it til they stop being s***. But Man Utd are s***. Even if they do win. You couldn’t imagine fergies United letting a 3 goal lead slip.

thats the problem, they’ll always be compared to that era, and they’re about as close to that as the current Forest are to Clough’s. 

I’ve got it. I know exactly why I have such a problem with United being so s***.

in the 90s I admired United. For a brief, ill informed time when I was about 9 I even had their posters on my wall and their kit. 

this is like having some actresses poster in your wall when your a teenager, only to find, in their 40s they’ve destroyed themselves with plastic surgery and drugs. Had 4 marriages with dodgy rockstars, 2 stints in rehab, and a short stint in jail.

Then I look at my wife and think ‘she’s perfect, she’s not a Hollywood star, but she’s worth a million of you.’ (I do actually think that about my wife, but in this analogy, my wife is Derby county).

I feel about 10% bad for the Hollywood actress. But mainly I feel 90% angry that she wasted everything she has and ruined herself. I feel very little charitable thoughts for United. They made their bed.

and as I type this they’ve had another spawn try let off to paper over the cracks. 

On 15/04/2024 at 15:28, Ram-Alf said:

Yep brilliant players

Liverpool 0 Atalanta 3

Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 1  

😁

And … 

it’s amazing that Klopp has done so well with this squad. They are not in the same league as city 

22 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Erik ten Hag is like the bad guy in action movies that just won't die. When you think it's the final blow United bring him back to life. Surely getting the sack at the end of the season they're dreadful.

ETH is the obvious fall guy, but United are generally dreadful (by their standards) because their players are vastly overrated.

I think Dalot and Fernandes are the only two you could claim are anything near elite players. The rest aren't even top 20 in their position in the world, which is crazy considering how much they've spent to put that team together.

On 21/04/2024 at 18:28, Mr. P said:

Man city will be glad to face utd. Coventry would've been a harder game for them. 

Haha. Man U are 22 places ahead of Coventry. And the most unpredictable games in football are derby games. As we saw at Everton tonight. 
NO, City will not be glad to face united 

Man Utd. 

Papering over the cracks with last minute victories over theoretically vastly inferior opposition. Sheffield United were just smashed by Burnley, ffs.

i wonder if Antony gave it the biggun again. 

IMG_0773.jpeg

There isn't much else Klopp can do. The past four games they have only taken four points, but in each game they have battered the opposition in terms of chances created. As coaches, not sure what else they can do.

It's on the players. And at the crunch time of the season, they have faltered at both ends of the pitch. Everton's first goal was just defensive mistake after another. Slicing the ball in your own box.

Then the chances missed. That Nuñez one just lacked all composure. 

The Man Utd FA Cup game kicked it all off. But they missed a host of chances against City too.

City will still drop points. If Arsenal beat Spurs and United away, they'll deservedly win the league.