Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

44 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The problem with Hughes playing the furthest forward is that he offers extremely little goal threat. Ideally, if you're playing 4-2-3-1 then the number 10 position will chip in and be at least within your top 3 scorers. I think in his absolute best season with ourselves he had 5 goals, 6 assists in 48 appearances. 

He's an aesthetically pleasing footballer to watch, but definitely lacks substance - especially in an attacking sense.  He's at his best keeping things ticking over in a deeper role and he's a pretty combative midfielder when he's in the right mood.  

Agreed except the last sentence. He was always combative, sometimes people just didn't notice it as they were drooling how well he kept the ball in bad situations. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Agreed except the last sentence. He was always combative, sometimes people just didn't notice it as they were drooling how well he kept the ball in bad situations. 

He was definitely one of the cleanest tacklers I've ever seen. The amount of time he would dive in and come away with the ball himself rather than just clear it from the player was very impressive. 

Hughes, like most footballers, still had off days. Absolutely nowhere near the amount of Hendrick, but he had games where he just struggled to get into it. I think Hughes will get an opportunity to move and stay in the Premier League, by all accounts it sounds like he may even win their POTY trophy, but don't think he will be quite at the level we all once thought he was capable. 

Sibley is our next big hope - the major difference is that Sibley reminds me more of Mount than Hughes. Sibley has an edge to his game and already showed he can impact games. Sibley has scored more Championship goals this season for us than Hughes did in any of his seasons for Derby and he's only been playing, really, since the restart. Knight, too, obviously but I don't see the same level of ability in him than I did in Hughes or now Sibley. Knight looks to be our Bryson 2.0. 

41 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He was definitely one of the cleanest tacklers I've ever seen. The amount of time he would dive in and come away with the ball himself rather than just clear it from the player was very impressive. 

In the way some players receive the ball on the turn Hughes would almost tackle on the turn - once he'd got it he could move us up the field 15 yards with a little sprint or play a perfect pass to some else to run onto.

That's the biggest thing his injury robbed him of IMO. Yes his game is more solid/physical but he's lost that little bit of dynamism he had and looks extremely one-paced.

10 hours ago, desirelines said:

If a combined £30m worth of bids come in for Bogle, Bird, Knight and Sibley. Would you take it? 

Its funny how a game can change opinion.

Look at the first goal and watch Bogle, he looked fantastic and completely took Bellingham out the game with a cheeky bit of skill. He has the ability to go to the top.

If I was being realistic with fees I'd say:

Bogle - 8 to 10 million 

Bird - 5 million

Knight - 8 million

Sibley - 20 million

I'm being completely conservative with bird based on the fact he isnt changing games and his name wouldnt stand out, to us he is priceless. 

Let's see what they do in the next season!

21 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

A Dutch colleague of mine seems to think Cocu might be tempted to stick an offer in for Jeroen Zoet from PSV. He was the GK when Cocu was there but finds himself out of favour at the minute.

No link at all, my colleague just seems to think it would make some sense.

Hate to shoot you down, but there's not a chance in hell we would be willing to spend the kind of money required for this deal on a keeper ?

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hate to shoot you down, but there's not a chance in hell we would be willing to spend the kind of money required for this deal on a keeper ?

Hmm he has one year left on his contract and they loaned him out this season, other leagues will be short of money too. £2m  would do it.

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Look at the first goal and watch Bogle, he looked fantastic and completely took Bellingham out the game with a cheeky bit of skill. He has the ability to go to the top.

Bogle - 8 to 10 million 

Bird - 5 million

Knight - 8 million

Sibley - 20 million

I'm being completely conservative with bird based on the fact he isnt changing games and his name wouldnt stand out, to us he is priceless. 

Agreed but even so, I think you’re a good £5m short on Bird. So, about £50m in total. I’d turn it down in an instant?( but it’s not my money that has supported the Club...)

12 hours ago, desirelines said:

If a combined £30m worth of bids come in for Bogle, Bird, Knight and Sibley. Would you take it? 

£30 Mill is the kind of figure we should look at for Sibley alone. 

The other three somewhere between £5-£10 Mill each. 

Crazy money and I'd be fuming if we spent that much on another teams youngster but the last year or so has set a whole new standard fee for young championship players, especially English players. 

2 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Bogle - 8 to 10 million 

Bird - 5 million

Knight - 8 million

Sibley - 20 million

Interesting. At the moment I think we'd have to consider bids of between £2-4m for Knight, £7-9m for Bogle, £9-11m each for Bird and Sibley. Probably could get more if the pandemic hadn't fudged the market and Derby weren't in such financial hot-water. 

1 minute ago, desirelines said:

Interesting. At the moment I think we'd have to consider bids of between £2-4m for Knight

I reckon Knight will soon be a full international. He's as good as Lawrence already imo, so what will he be worth after a full season and how many will he have scored?

33 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Interesting. At the moment I think we'd have to consider bids of between £2-4m for Knight, £7-9m for Bogle, £9-11m each for Bird and Sibley. Probably could get more if the pandemic hadn't fudged the market and Derby weren't in such financial hot-water. 

Do you work for the club? It would explain why we sold Hughes for only £4m

1 hour ago, desirelines said:

If you think we would get any of those prices in the upcoming market then you are going to be very disappointed. 

I think this will be a resetting of the market prices that has been needed for sometime. 

Archived