Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

22 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Troy Deeney is available on a free... his wages will be high but if we shifted Martin and replaced with Deeney I think that would be a great. It if business can’t imagine wages would be too far apart with him being 32 now. Can’t see premier league teams coming in for him. 
Ibe would be another good signing if we could get him for low enough wages on a free. 

Bettonelli at Fulham is a gk that can play out from the back and is solid enough, out of favour at Fulham. Hart would be the best option keeper wise though if possible. 

After them if we could pick up an up and coming winger from lower leagues and our youngsters have a good season. 

recipe for success there 

City released Hart because he isn't good enough with his feet to play out from the back.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was having a look for stats on Macauley Bonne when I happened upon this suggestion...

Janni Serra

22 year old German striker.  Started at Borussia Dortmund but now with Holstein Kiel in Bundesliga 2.

6'4", strong in the air, mobile, can shoot from distance, and a finisher.  Has played German u17, u18, u19 & u21.  Yes I've never seen him play and there's every chance he could be as rubbish as Glatzel (Cardiff) but it's a suggestion thread!

And he's the German Luuk de Jong I tell thee!

22 minutes ago, MickD said:

City released Hart because he isn't good enough with his feet to play out from the back.

Because he wasnt good enough for a Guardiola team to play out from the back, abit different to our level.

He was able to play out from the back under the likes of Mancini & Pelligrini

9 hours ago, MickD said:

I would like Joe Hart because he is good at saving shots on goal and is fairly dominant at dealing with crosses into the box and I am sure he can kick a football to anyone in a Derby county shirt on the pitch 

10 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Troy Deeney ? Yes, I am sure he is ready to drop down to the Championship and join a mid table team like us....

I don’t know why you would find that so funny. He’s 32 and not exactly going to be on the top of many premier league clubs wish list. I think he’ll be playing championship football next season, and in the championship it doesn’t matter if you were 3rd 12th or 17th if you’re showing ambition which we always do you can get anyone for example ‘Wayne Rooney’.
I rest my case. 

11 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Deeney would be brilliant,a proper handful.

Didn’t Mac1 try and sign him?

I wouldn’t touch Ibe,no evidence to back that opinion other than his stint at Bournemouth.

I’ve got no idea on the keepers.

Ibe has real ability and I’m under no illusions I think he’ll be inconsistent but that’s what’s made him not make it as a premier league player he’ll just be a championship winger imo like Lawrence. I didn’t think I’d say this but we just need 2-3 more players like Lawrence that can push eachother for starting spots and rack up a 10-20 goals and assists each

He has good feet and a lot of managers rated him for playing out from the back for a while but then Guardiola wanted a keeper that could also play midfield. Hart would be the best goalkeeper in the league and be an improvement on Carson/Roos and Hamer with his feet. 
I feel like some fans on here aren’t quite understanding we support Derby County not Manchester City. 

10 hours ago, MickD said:

2 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Work collegue of mine is a Hull City fan. Says we wanted Jordy de Wijs in January but were knocked back. Expects Derby to come back for him.

If we can't get Matt Clarke back this might be a good shout. A left sided centre back who is fairly young and could probably grow with the team.

4 hours ago, Charlie George said:

Work collegue of mine is a Hull City fan. Says we wanted Jordy de Wijs in January but were knocked back. Expects Derby to come back for him.

I presume this is down to his PSV links, Cocu will have seen him (same as he saw FloJo)?

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I presume this is down to his PSV links, Cocu will have seen him (same as he saw FloJo)?

Was named captain after the restart of the season (think their other captain opted out of playing). 

5 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

I don’t know why you would find that so funny. He’s 32 and not exactly going to be on the top of many premier league clubs wish list. I think he’ll be playing championship football next season, and in the championship it doesn’t matter if you were 3rd 12th or 17th if you’re showing ambition which we always do you can get anyone for example ‘Wayne Rooney’.
I rest my case. 

Sorry, I have stopped laughing now. I strongly believe that Troy will be snapped up by a Prem team. We will see in time who is right. In any case do you really think we could afford his wages? I think a reality check might be required in terms of money we have to spend ?

6 hours ago, Charlie George said:

does he rate him?

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry, I have stopped laughing now. I strongly believe that Troy will be snapped up by a Prem team. We will see in time who is right. In any case do you really think we could afford his wages? I think a reality check might be required in terms of money we have to spend ?

Totally agree with this. 

But a Troy like player would be perfect. Or a younger version. Say a Abraham like player. 

Just now, therealhantsram said:

Totally agree with this. 

But a Troy like player would be perfect. Or a younger version. Say a Abraham like player. 

have to look long and hard for players like that cost a bit too.  maybe Phil will know a few and they hit the ground running in a rams shirt 

Archived