Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Failed to cut out the ball for City's 1st, gave away the penalty for their 2nd with a clumsy tackle from behind.

The step up has proved beyond him, I wouldn't be surprised if Watford wanted to send him back in lieu of further installments, maybe with a contribution to his wages??

You can analyse an individual match but the ones I have seen, he has been one of the better players. Ask Watford fans if you don't believe  me. He is a premier league player. 

27 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

You can analyse an individual match but the ones I have seen, he has been one of the better players. Ask Watford fans if you don't believe  me. He is a premier league player. 

Pearson and his Assisant have both singled him out for praise in recent weeks so must be doing pretty well

however, I can’t imagine watching the ball sail over his head towards Deeney and jogging around defending in banks of four was what he had in mind when he went to the big time....

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Didn't see the first, but got a touch on the ball for the penalty.

Clumsy and slow.

59 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Like Watford fans know anything about football!

There's probably a few hundred thousand outstanding on his fee, write it off and bring him home, see if we can salvage something.

BTW, when did irony die on here?

By saying they should send him back and contribute to his wages, can you not possibly see I might actually rate him?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Moussa Sylla. Just 20 years old and a free agent after being released from Monaco. Can play anywhere across the front 3 and is the quick, agile sort of player we need. 

He has scored 2 league goals in his career. How much have you seen of him?

51 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

I have a Leeds type conspiracy theory re Hughes. His agent played for Watford so that's why he moved there. Same agent also played for Arsenal. The training grounds are next door to each other.His agent probably said I can get you a move to Watford and then get me mates at Arsenal to look you over in training. One season with Eltons pinball wizards then champions league matches. Three years later still humping the ball to Deeneys head .  He's good enough for a top end team in this league, not sure he's a deal better than that. since his injury here he's been half the player he was. 

9 minutes ago, sage said:

He has scored 2 league goals in his career. How much have you seen of him?

This is a suggestion thread, not a scouting thread ?

Benrahma had only scored 4 in 27 Ligue 1 games before Brentford signed him. Not too dissimilar to Sylla, but a little bit older and with more experience at lower levels.
It’s remarkable we recruited Abdoul Camara after watching Angers, and missed out on Benrahma, Saiss and Nicholas Pépé who were all at Angers at the time. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Benrahma had only scored 4 in 27 Ligue 1 games before Brentford signed him. Not too dissimilar to Sylla, but a little bit older and with more experience at lower levels.
It’s remarkable we recruited Abdoul Camara after watching Angers, and missed out on Benrahma, Saiss and Nicholas Pépé who were all at Angers at the time. 

The others didn't use Wasserman

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Tbf he is exactly the kind of player we should be picking up but I fear someone has him lined up already. 

If we want a right back to compete with bogle, or so that we can play wisdom at centre back.....Then I’d go for this lady

FADD97F2-DF5C-44B4-B3E0-8FCA17189087.thumb.jpeg.46df4c4453d82f22cd4fe6f08f5aabe6.jpeg

but he would command a fee. 

p.s. anyone else notice how pished off Chris Martin looked when he scored?

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Clumsy and slow.

Like Watford fans know anything about football!

There's probably a few hundred thousand outstanding on his fee, write it off and bring him home, see if we can salvage something.

BTW, when did irony die on here?

By saying they should send him back and contribute to his wages, can you not possibly see I might actually rate him?

Irony dead until fans can watch footy again!

Definitely think Hughes is of the ability for Southampton, Brighton, palace, Newcastle, Burnley, Everton. 
In this market, he’s be worth £15m at least, I remember hearing we had a big sell on clause in the deal. Could net us about £3m which would be very useful to put towards a winger, goalkeeper and striker without the need to sell too much. 

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I have a Leeds type conspiracy theory re Hughes. His agent played for Watford so that's why he moved there. Same agent also played for Arsenal. The training grounds are next door to each other.His agent probably said I can get you a move to Watford and then get me mates at Arsenal to look you over in training. One season with Eltons pinball wizards then champions league matches. Three years later still humping the ball to Deeneys head .  He's good enough for a top end team in this league, not sure he's a deal better than that. since his injury here he's been half the player he was. 

Watford was the wrong move. 
He spends too much time defending his own box and chasing shadows. It’s like ploughing with a Ferrari. 

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Who would buy him? He’s been very ineffective and has fallen behind so many others in the PL, I’d imagine clubs will think they could find as good abroad for half the price. 

Where have you heard that? 

My understanding was that the Watford fans loved him. I think when a team is as bad defensively as they are due to lack of investment in those areas an attacking player can still come out of the season looking alright. I doubt anyone will bid for him, because he’s not an eye catcher(speaks volumes that fans at both his clubs loved watching him though), but he’s certainly better than this level. 

Will Hughes was bypassed in a poor Watford team. To shine he needs to be in a possession based team at the furthest forward point of the midfield three.  Such a waste, I’d definitely have him back here, but I’d say he will go to another mid table Prem team. 

17 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Will Hughes was bypassed in a poor Watford team. To shine he needs to be in a possession based team at the furthest forward point of the midfield three.  Such a waste, I’d definitely have him back here, but I’d say he will go to another mid table Prem team. 

Will Hughes would look rather good in that Manchester City team ! 

Even I would score at least 10 goals over a season in that team and I am 54 ( especially if they let me take some of their penalties) 

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Giorgi Beridze. 23. Pacey winger. Georgian international. Free agent after being released by Gent... had a decent season out on loan at Lokeren (before they went bankrupt). Could be an option?

Nowhere near our level. 

Posters need to stop plucking names of the Internet without properly assessing their ability.

(Must be 70 to 77 on Fifa 20)

? 

6 hours ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

The problem with Hughes playing the furthest forward is that he offers extremely little goal threat. Ideally, if you're playing 4-2-3-1 then the number 10 position will chip in and be at least within your top 3 scorers. I think in his absolute best season with ourselves he had 5 goals, 6 assists in 48 appearances. 

He's an aesthetically pleasing footballer to watch, but definitely lacks substance - especially in an attacking sense.  He's at his best keeping things ticking over in a deeper role and he's a pretty combative midfielder when he's in the right mood.  

Archived