Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Because Cocu has openly stated that to play the way he wanta us to play he wants a left footed centre back on the left side, hence why Davies hasnt played on the left like he used to

Has he? I missed that. Seems weird. 

17 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Out of all of the centre back options you mention not one is left footed so we have no first choice or back up option for left centre back, Forysth imo will be the back up, Clarke appears to be our main choice for first choice left centre back. Cocu himself has mentioned Forysth as a centre back.

Bielik was preferred earlier in the season when Clarke was injured. Forsyth just isn’t good enough as a CB. One or two games in an emergency is acceptable, but not for an extended run - we won just 1 of 8 games with him at CB.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bielik was preferred earlier in the season when Clarke was injured. Forsyth just isn’t good enough as a CB. One or two games in an emergency is acceptable, but not for an extended run - we won just 1 of 8 games with him at CB.

Bielik was played there as there was a belief that he could play centre back but from what I have seen was that he was rather poor at it, which is why he didn’t continue to be selected there 

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Bielik was played there as there was a belief that he could play centre back but from what I have seen was that he was rather poor at it, which is why he didn’t continue to be selected there 

At the start of the season, Keogh and Clarke we’re our favoured CBs. Bielik came in for Clarke for a few games and was clearly 2nd choice LCB at that point. The Keogh injury made Davies the new 1st choice RCB. It remained that way up until the Preston game following Clarke’s injury at Forest. 
Previously, when Bielik was at CB, Huddlestone stepped in to play DM. But, he was injured for this game, leaving Shinnie and Evans as our only options. One wasn’t fancied by Cocu and the other was returning from injury. We’re struggling at DM so we need Bielik there, and Fozzy comes in at CB. 15 minutes into that game, Shinnie is injured. 

We get through the next game without any injuries, but Bielik pulls out of the squad vs QPR at the last minute due to an injury. 

Evans soon picks up an injury leaving just Bielik as a DM option, and Wisdom was untested at CB. 

Clarke returns to the team alongside Davies. With Bielik partnering Bird in midfield. Bielik lasts 17 minutes before being shown the red. He plays at LCB for the U23s before getting a season ending injury. 

To me, it seems Fozzy was chosen at CB because of the available options at DM, rather than Cocu preferring him. With the emergence of Bird that may have changed.

3 minutes ago, jake0603 said:

Just wonder, with Watford looking like they could be going down. If hughes were to be sold for £10m at least, we’d get a big percentage of it, could help to bankroll our transfer business this summer. 

Who would buy him? He’s been very ineffective and has fallen behind so many others in the PL, I’d imagine clubs will think they could find as good abroad for half the price. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Interesting. He clearly wants to get shot of more deadwood and replace them. 

I do wonder who they are....Malone and Marriott are the more obvious candidates but there could be a few surprises, he may well have to part with a youngster if there’s interest to fund the needed incomings.

All depends on who’ll take them, in the current market I think we’ll just have to cut our losses with some players and let them leave for peanuts.

I also don’t think being skint is as bad as it would normally be this window. Lots of players in and out of contract will be looking for new clubs as clubs are cutting back. 

If we have our wits about us in the scouting department (big iflookign at recent windows) we could have a very low cost but effective window compared to the excesses of previous windows.

The power may well be swinging back from players to the clubs outside the prem!

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

He said it near the start of the season if I remember correctly.

I dont think its weird to want a left footer on the left, Cocu mentioned in the interview that when the ball is played down that side it will be onto the left footers stronger foot and will be dealt with easier and can build from the back better. 

Im only going off what Cocu has previously said this isnt neccessarily my opinion.

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I dont think its weird to want a left footer on the left, Cocu mentioned in the interview that when the ball is played down that side it will be onto the left footers stronger foot and will be dealt with easier and can build from the back better. 

Im only going off what Cocu has previously said this isnt neccessarily my opinion.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loyalty-full-transcript-phillip-cocu-3572104

Briefly mentions in there about playing Forysth on the left centre back because he is left footed, but this is the interview he states he sees Forsyth as a centre back

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loyalty-full-transcript-phillip-cocu-3572104

Briefly mentions in there about playing Forysth on the left centre back because he is left footed, but this is the interview he states he sees Forsyth as a centre back

A statement made after Forsyth’s first competitive game under Cocu. He slowly got worse the more he played there in that run of 8 games, without winning a single game in the 7 games which followed this one. He clearly like Fozzy at LB, which is why he’s continued to do so. 

18 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A statement made after Forsyth’s first competitive game under Cocu. He slowly got worse the more he played there in that run of 8 games, without winning a single game in the 7 games which followed this one. He clearly like Fozzy at LB, which is why he’s continued to do so. 

He states he likes the look of him there and uses him there in training, whether he has changed his mind since remains to be seen but him playing left back doesnt mean he dont see him as a left centre back, Clarke is first choice so Forysth wasnt going to play there.

Since then he has probably decided Forysth is a better left back than Malone so it has been between Lowe & Forsyth.

My opinion is that next season Forysth will be backup left centre back with Lowe battling with a new left back for first choice - but only if Malone leaves.

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Not sure what the general consensus is. Personally, I am not sure if Bielik is as good as some suggest. Time will tell. Certainly hope we see  some value for the money spent on this player. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

He mentions it briefly in this video when Clarke originally joined on loan last summer, it’s around the 2 minute 10 seconds mark.

18 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Hasn't he been one of Watford's bright sparks, especially in recent weeks? 

Failed to cut out the ball for City's 1st, gave away the penalty for their 2nd with a clumsy tackle from behind.

The step up has proved beyond him, I wouldn't be surprised if Watford wanted to send him back in lieu of further installments, maybe with a contribution to his wages??

30 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He mentions it briefly in this video when Clarke originally joined on loan last summer, it’s around the 2 minute 10 seconds mark.

I had a feeling it was when Clarke signed but wasnt sure. Good find!

31 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Failed to cut out the ball for City's 1st, gave away the penalty for their 2nd with a clumsy tackle from behind.

Didn't see the first, but got a touch on the ball for the penalty.

Archived